Corporate Communications Manager
Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care.
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com I LinkedIn I Glassdoor I Facebook I Twitter I YouTube
Amcor Corporate is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and supports the business through its broad range of functions such as in Finance, IT, Commercial, Investor Relations, Human Resources and Business Development.
The Corporate Communications Manager – Commercial and Branding for Amcor Corporate Communications works to enhance the company’s reputation driven by its brand and its unique commercial value proposition.
S/he is a well-rounded communications generalist that will provide communications support and advice to colleagues across and at multiple levels of the organization, including senior leaders, to help the company achieve its short-term objectives and long-term Winning Aspiration.
Working closely with the director of external communications, the manager will liaise with the commercial and communications at global and business group level to identify, craft and amplify stories for external and internal audiences.
S/he will take the lead in ensuring the Amcor brand is maintained (e.g., through the consistent application of brand guidelines) and enhanced (e.g., through the development of brand assets).
The manager will work to express and protect the Amcor brand in key external applications (e.g., the look and feel of the company’s annual report) as well as in owned media (e.g., Amcor.com, LinkedIn).
• Ensure all communications materials and activities are consistent with and advance the company’s knowledge/application of the Amcor brand and the principles of “Being Amcor”
• Be a communications strategic advisor and solution provider for business leaders
• Develop strong relationships with business/functional leaders and other colleagues to facilitate effective strategic communications
• Contribute to identifying, sharing and developing best practices – individually, and as a Global Communications function
• Create written and audiovisual content and communications plans
• Protect and enhance the Amcor brand at every opportunity, including support for significant leadership events (eg, annual ALW senior leadership conference)
Formal Qualifications and Experience
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Working competency in at least one other major language (eg, German, Spanish, Chinese) is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing Communication
• A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in a Communications department and/or agency
• Exceptional copywriting, editing and presentation skills in English
• Solid, up-to-date experience and understanding of core brand and design principles and tools, including digital platforms, social media resources and channels
• Experience working with digital platforms for content development and publishing is a plus
• Experience in executing strategies in strategic business projects, including with change management requirements, within one or more dynamic, global organizations
Specific Skills and Abilities
• Highly motivated self-starter, with resilience, adaptability and a sense of urgency
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, striving for continuous improvement
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, including the ability to work on high-visibility, deadline-driven projects and activities
• Able to work flexibly and adapt quickly within sometimes ambiguous circumstances and changing priorities
• Effectiveness at functioning independently while maintaining prioritization, focus and productivity
• Easily works cooperatively and constructively with others, gives and receives/applies feedback
• Strong, persuasive interpersonal communication
• Able to develop/trade on consensus across organizational levels
• Embraces and models behavior per by Amcor’s core Values: Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Results and Outperformance
• Discreet in sensitive situations and with confidential, sometimes delicate information
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.