Senior ASIC Design Engineer
Publication date:12 September 2022
Place of work:9463 Freienbach
Senior ASIC Design Engineer
3Brain AG is a Swiss deep tech company working on cell-electronic interfaces that link biological networks to computers via custom-made semiconductor microchips. Our mission is to empower life scientists to probe intelligent networks, accelerate biomedical discoveries for the benefit of patients, and create a future more exciting than the present. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers are constantly pushing the boundaries of engineering for life’s complexities. We are ambitious, fast-growing and love to explore. The company is headquartered in Switzerland nearby Zurich, has a R&D office in Genova, Italy, and has installed its cutting-edge products in laboratories and pharma companies worldwide.
For the next expansion step, 3Brain is looking for a Senior Mixed-Signal ASIC Design Engineer to reinforce our R&D team. The candidate will be part of a group of ASIC design engineers and help plan and design the future CMOS-sensor products of 3Brain.
- Design and implementation (schematics, simulation, layout, post-layout verification) of next-generation CMOS-based biological sensor systems.
- Document design methods, specifications, functional requirements and design choices.
- Create detailed test specifications and reports.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant literature and state-of-the-art circuit designs.
- MSc/PhD in Microelectronics with profound, 7+ years professional experience in analog/mixed-signal ASIC-design.
- Expert in CMOS analog electronics workflow (schematics, layout, verification) and a good understanding of the digital toolchain.
- Strong expertise of various analog building blocks, such as ADCs, DACs, LNAs, filters, biasing, etc.
- Prototyping (MPW) and chip testing.
- Fluency in English.
- Great team spirit, passion, outstanding personality and perseverence.
- Initiative, independence and ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members in a multicultural and international environment.
- Applicant must already have a work permit for the Schengen area.
- Fluency in German.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Digital work flow (i.e. VHDL/Verilog, Simulation, Synthesis, STA, P&R, etc.).
What We Offer
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment driven by a desire to build transformational technologies to help others.
- A young, fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Great challenges and adventures in both technical and economical fields.
- Working place: Pfäffikon, Switzerland. It is a beautiful lakeside village just outside of Zurich, the country’s main cultural, financial and business center.
To apply send in both your CV and short motivational letter.