Senior Master Planner (m/w/x)
Publication date:15 September 2022
Place of work:Schachenallee 29, 5001 Aarau
Balance supply with demand respecting production capacities and market needs to generate, smooth out short term variability and ultimately maintain Master Production Schedules
Smith+Nephew is a medical technology company with the goal of restoring people's bodies and their confidence by using technologies that overcome life's limitations. We call this goal "Life Unlimited." Our approximately 18,000 employees fulfill this mission every day, contributing to the well-being of patients through the excellence of our product portfolio and the invention and application of new technologies in our three global business units Orthopedics & Trauma, Advanced Wound Management and Sports Medicine & ENT.
As part of our Production Planning & Purchasing Team (incl. EMEA Supply Chain Team) at our manufacturing site located in Aarau (AG) we are now looking for a committed and highly motivated Senior Production Master Planner who is ready to create a sustainable tomorrow together with us.
- Translate demand into RCCP and detailed capacity planning / slot planning
- Balance supply with demand respecting production capacities and market needs to generate, smooth out short term variability and ultimately maintain Master Production Schedules
- Understand and communicate the impact of supply plan and forecast deviations
- Define supply chain events for all components based on project strategy, lead times, parameters and given capacities
- Able to demonstrate playing a major role in large system implementation (SAP R3, S4 HANA, Kinaxis RapidResponse, RCCP) ensuring that the system of the future is fit for purpose for Medical Device planning requirements
- Ensures ERP system planning parameters and master data are maintained to enable accurate Master plans to be generated.
- Interfaces with supply planners / production planners, including the required usage of systems and processes to ensure execution of the MPS
- Act as Single point of contact within the Sales and Operations Planning Process for Project Manager, Global Supply Chain and Logistics
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with Project Support Commercial, Procurement Support Procurement, Shipping Specialists and Manufacturing Planners
- Monitors all operations and project-related activities through relevant KPIs and prioritizes action as needed to ensure timely delivery of goals
- Monitors inventory status and takes corrective actions to minimize slow moving inventory highlighting potential inventory shortages/excess and taking steps to mitigate write offs
- Drives appropriate communication and escalation for supply issues through the relevant governance and processes
- Supports usage and improvement of globally harmonized planning processes and systems
- Degree in Supply Chain, Technical field, Industrial Engineering, Business Informatics or similar, preferably with a focus on Operations, Production Planning or any other related fields that require the proper analysis of a large amount of data
- Min. 5 years’ experience in supply chain or production planning or related fields employing multi-product, multi-echelon batch production planning
- Strong experience in the use of supply chain/advanced planning systems, ERP/APO systems (SAP R3, SAP® S/4HANA, RCCP Kinaxis RapidResponse) including critical parameters to be set up for master data / routing etc.
- High competency with Excel and other MS Office apps (PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote), Data Reporting tools (BW/BI)
- Excellent KPI reporting, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team spirit and well-developed communication skills as well as the ability to work within an interdisciplinary and international environment
- Well organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and independent with the ability to initiate and drive goals, project schedules
- Ability to work off own initiative in prioritizing activities/projects and balancing product demand/supply
- Demonstrated experience in designing, maintaining and enhancing supply chain processes
- Fluent in German and English (must-have – written + spoken)
It will help you if you are or have:
- APICS certification or similar
- Experience with lean processes and methodology
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Certification
- Highly innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Responsible position with immense business impact and global/regional complexity
- Career development opportunities and training
- Competitive salary and a great benefits package
- Flextime / Home Office
- Health-care program
Do you feel addressed? Then we would like to get to know you. Please send your complete application documents (PDF) via our career portal.
Smith & Nephew, Lars Thomann, Talent Acquisition Specialist