Product Operations Manager 100%
Publication date:12 February 2024
Contract type:Unlimited employment
Language:German (Fluent), English (Fluent), French (Intermediate)
Place of work:Bachweid 20, 6340 Baar
Reederei für Premium-Flusskreuzfahrten
Scylla AG was founded in 1973 as a family business. We are an internationally operating shipping company with offices in five countries and more than 2,500 employees employed on our cruise vessels. We offer high-quality cruises, encompassing everything from ship design to crew management. That is what makes Scylla unique. The vessels, including crew and services, are marketed internationally by various tour operators including through our inhouse tour operator VIVA Cruises. Our fleet of 39 ships is expanding and we are constantly on the move and looking for new opportunities.
To support us in our ambitious plans, we are expanding our Product team. The Product Manager will report to the Senior Product Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Product Manager is a pivotal role that ensures the seamless functioning of our organization. This position is responsible for optimizing resource utilization, enhancing efficiency, and maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction and product/service quality. The Product Manager will oversee various aspects of business operations, including program management, inventory and quality control, capacity planning, and supply chain management. The primary goal is to contribute significantly to our organization's sustainable growth and success by managing budgets, increasing productivity, and improving customer contentment.
Communication and Relationship Management:
- Regularly communicate with agency partners and ships at both head office and local levels using various methods.
- Support managing key account partnerships and enhance existing industry relationships.
- Provide and contribute to training and services to improve industry relationships.
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring legal compliance, budget management, and resource allocation.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to align operations with organizational objectives.
- Handle inquiries from external and internal partners, resolving issues that may affect service delivery.
- Adapt and reorganize cruise itineraries in response to unexpected events like high or low water levels for seamless operations.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures for efficient and effective operations.
- Collaborate with departments, transportation, and ground operations to ensure services are in sync with client itineraries.
- Address unexpected challenges and complaints, assessing eligibility for compensation.
- Stay updated with industry trends, incorporating new technologies and business processes when necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Apprenticeship, or a comparable qualification
- At least 2 years of experience in the tourism industry, experience in River Cruising is an advantage.
- Ability to address operational challenges and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing key account partnerships is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German. Proficiency in French is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential for effective communication and reporting.
- An inspiring, international, and informal working environment with great challenges and opportunities
- An attractive package of working conditions and excellent fringe benefits
- 23 vacation days
- A multi-country, multi-cultural matrix environment.
- An open corporate culture with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes.
- A wide range of responsibilities in a creative and international market environment.
- Work alongside skilled and experienced colleagues, providing a chance to learn and grow in an international team.
- Type of employment: Full time on a permanent contract
- Location: Baar (Switzerland)
How to apply
Scylla AG is committed to equal opportunity. We value innovation, diversity, and employee growth. Join us in shaping the future of our dynamic and expanding organization. You are invited to submit a resume and cover letter with your date of availability and salary expectations are also needed.
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application and getting to know each other!