Accountant (80% - 100%)
Publication date:14 September 2022
Workload:80 – 100%
Place of work:Grundstrasse 12, 6343 Rotkreuz
Datacolor, a global leader in color management solutions, provides software, instruments and services to improve the precision, performance and efficiency of your color workflow. For over five decades, Datacolor has earned our reputation as a trusted leader by delivering unmatched capabilities that rapidly address the full spectrum of color challenges in textile and apparel, paint and coatings, automotive, plastics, photography and videography, and other industries.
Our global teams provide sales, service and support in over 100 countries throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia. For more information, visit www.datacolor.com
To support our business, we are looking for an
The accountant will be a contributor to the legal accounting operations related to certain European entities. The role will be part of the European accounting team, report to the Global Head of Accounting. The region has 9 legal entities across 7 countries (CH, DE, IT, FR, BE, UK, TUR) and role is supporting accounting activities across various entities and be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company finances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounting responsibility over multiple European based entities (working with external accounting firms).
- First point of contact for auditors and external accountants.
- Manage GL of the above entities.
- Supervise subledgers (AR/AP/Cash/Employee expenses), calculate and book prepayments, accruals, provision, taxes, and fixed asset ledger maintenance
- In charge for reporting package submissions for entities managed into the consolidation tool according to Swiss GAAP FER, for monthly, half-year and year-end closing.
- Manage statutory reporting with external advisors - reconciliation of local books to group records (JDE).
- Manage quarterly and annual tax filings VAT and income tax (with external support).
- Continuously supporting supervisor, main stakeholders and other team members with day-to-day accounting functions and ad hoc tasks.
- Actively interact with peers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
Corporate/ Group Responsibilities:
- Responsibility over Accountings receivables.
- Due diligence on customers to determine credit terms and credit collection (shared responsibility with other accountants).
- Supervise AR subledger and manage bad debts
- Support in preparation and booking of intercompany recharges, and group intercompany transactions reconciliations.
- Support in inventory process transactional bookings for EMA entities and Year End Cycle Count for EMA.
- Fixed asset depreciation bookings for EMA entities and GL -SL reconciliation.
- Booking of certain transactional tasks for the group posted per legal entity centrally- revenue recognition, service contracts phasing
- Maintain JDE error batches and coordination with external consultant as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- a qualification in accounting.
- + 5 years of experience in accounting and closings, working over multiple entities.
- used working in an international environment across multiple continents.
- fluent in English.
- flexible and able to multitask.
- good communication and social skills.
- proficient in working with ERP and MIS tools.
- pragmatic and a solution-oriented team player.
- the ability to comply with strict deadlines and ability to work under pressure.
Datacolor is offering a full-time function with an attractive salary package. We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic company, with high innovative quality products and a clear and vivid strategy. We support our employees in their personal growth. Our hierarchy is flat which makes it easy to reach everyone
Our Core Values:
Learn, understand and live the Datacolor Core Values of Customer Focus, Execution, Ownership, Teamwork, Learning, and Passion.
- Want to work in a company focused on innovative color management solutions?
- Looking for flexibility and autonomy in a global and diverse company?
- Want to be able to make daily connections with people all over the globe?
- Do you want to work in an open and informal atmosphere where your personal input is valuable?
Do not hesitate any longer and join Datacolor if the answer is yes!
Apply through www.datacolor.com/careers
Datacolor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Datacolor will not sponsor for this position.