QC Associate Scientist Bioanalytics
Novartis AGStein (Säckingen)
Publication date:16 August 2022
QC Associate Scientist Bioanalytics
Job ID 349014BR Sep 29, 2022 Switzerland
766 million! That's how many patients' lives were touched by our products in 2021. At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We use innovative science and technology to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. How can we continue to advance our science to help even more patients in need? We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions, and take smarter risks.
In our NTO division we are looking for an experienced QC Scientist (Bioanalytics) who will, under minimal direction, direct and assist in functions supporting QC Bioanalytics.
• Plan, perform and review Bio-Analytical testing such as Flow Cytometry, ELISA, cell count, cell viability, residual bead assessment, qPCR, Potency, in collaboration with team members, if necessary.
• Perform all testing and activities compliantly following appropriate SOPs and procedures.
• Work on shifts covering daytime / evening and one or both weekend days.
• Contributes to the setup and optimization (LEAN / 6S) of infrastructure or specialized facilities e.g. cell culture or qPCR labs as an expert w/ adequate guidance.
• Execute validation/transfers/optimization of test methods as per appropriate protocols.
• Execute OOS/OOE and deviation investigations.
• Support tracking and trending systems, and programs which assist in the testing, evaluation and monitoring of quality and efficiency.
• Generate/revise protocols/reports, SOPs, forms, laboratory data sheets (LDS).
Diversity & Inclusion / EEONovartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- BA or MS in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or other related science
- 3-8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biologics, microbiology, sterile manufacture or beneficially within Cell and Gene therapies
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and GLP
- Thorough Knowledge of Bioassays (FACS, Potency by ELISA) in frame of Cell and Gene therapies
- Knowledge of Labware LIMS system
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals in various aspects of Novartis operations
- Detail-oriented with expertise in problem solving and solid decision making abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Fluent in English (written and oral) and understanding German
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!Division Novartis Technical Operations Business Unit NTO QUALITY Location Switzerland Site Stein (Säckingen) Company / Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Quality Job Type Full Time Employment Type Temporary Shift Work Yes Apply to JobAccess Job Account