Intern, Funding Design & Review
Vacancy No VN1056 Job Title Intern, Funding Design & Review Location Geneva Purpose of Position Assist in the development of a framework on roles and responsibilities of Gavi Alliance partners; assist in preparations for high-level meetings Team Funding Design & Review Reporting to Head, Funding Design & Review Career Step Level N/A Job Description
BACKGROUND This post is in the Funding Design & Review Team, which is tasked with the design of Gavi support to countries, the analytics of performance of the Gavi portfolio and the compliance of Gavi grants with Gavi requirements. It will also ensure dissemination of information across Alliance partners on these topics and coordinate the flow of information between the regional and global levels. The team plays a facilitating role at key forums of the Alliance, including at country, regional and global levels, ensuring that these forums have the relevant data and information about the performance of Gavi grants and make management decisions to address key bottlenecks. The team is formally playing a role of Second Line of Defence, ensuring that all grants proposals meet a minimum quality standard and abide by the Gavi requirements. The Funding Design & Review Team comprises two sub-teams:
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
- Funding Design & Coordination: The sub-team supports the design of Gavi support to countries, including the definition and guidelines on the various support modalities, requirements, modalities of channelling resources, etc. It will also take on a communication and coordination function to ensure that all Alliance partners are aware of the Gavi support modalities and requirements with a view to support the Gavi grant appropriately. Additionally, the team will:
- Support the Alliance Coordination Team (ACT)
- Support regional working groups in regular review of Gavi grants
- Provide a ‘surge analytical capacity’ for alliance coordination mechanisms (such as the ACT) to provide an overview of grant progress and performance, and Gavi procedures, and
- Design and implement trainings programs to communicate on Gavi grants and processes.
- Application review & compliance: Within the Gavi risk framework, this team formally endorses the role of second line of defence for all grants managed by Gavi. It will continuously improve the design of the Gavi approval and renewal mechanism, manage the review and renewal of all support requested by countries, the oversight of the implementation of the portfolio planning process and ensuring the compliance of grants with Gavi policies, guidelines and IRC recommendations (including allocation of waivers when necessary, and in line with Gavi policies).
- Taking forward the project on roles & responsibilities of partners in the implementation of Gavi country support;
- Development of online training materials;
- Support in other knowledge management projects.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Support the project to clarify roles and responsibilities within the Gavi Alliance (participating in meetings, developing further drafts, etc.);
- Assist in the development of online training materials, including development of French script and creating e-Learning module in Articulate 360
- Developing and maintaining databases as necessary
- French proofreader/editor for translations of documents developed by the team
- Uploading revised documents on Gavi website, participate in discussions on “new look” of webpage
- Assist with other tasks as requested, especially during meetings to review funding requests.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Familiarity with the global health environment and actors;
- Some experience working in diverse environments and/or in the field;
- Experience in developing communication and training materials, such as eLearning modules;
- Knowledge of Articulate 360;
- Some expertise in quantitative or qualitative research.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and French.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, science, social sciences, economics, or a related field.
For more information on the Gavi Internship Programme please visit: http://www.gavi.org/careers/internship-programme/ Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Intern, Applications & Review”. Deadline for applications is 30 November 2018. Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.