Project Director of Design Services
"When you work in Hawaii, in addition to learning about the functional aspects of running a hotel — like the proper way to make a bed or how to best handle luggage — it’s critically important to understand Hawaiian culture and the spirit of ‘ohana, or ‘family.’ When opening the first Andaz property in Hawaii, our team participated in Hawaiian culture training to help us understand what ‘ohana truly means. "
Geoff Gray: General Manager, Park Hyatt Aviara Return to Search
Project Director of Design Services
Hyatt Regional Offices EAME Regional Office CH - ZH - ZurichArchitecture/Design/Technical ServicesProfessional Staff/CorporateFull-timeReq ID: ZUR000798 Share Project Director of Design Services on LinkedIn Tweet Project Director of Design Services Share Project Director of Design Services on Facebook Share Project Director of Design Services via Email
“We care for people so they can be their best”
As we continue to grow, we don’t lose sight of what’s most important—people. Hyatt is a company that was built by family. It’s a workplace where coworkers become friends. Every day we care for our guests. Care is at the heart of our business, and it’s this distinct guest experience that makes Hyatt one of the world’s best hospitality brands.
For our Regional Office located in The Circle at Zurich Airport, Switzerland we are looking for a
PROJECT DIRECTOR OF DESIGN SERVICES
Are you ready for your journey with Hyatt?
The Project Director of Design Services, in collaboration with the Regional Vice President Design Services, Director of Procurement and the Director of Building Systems will work with multi-national, multi-disciplined project teams for the design management of Hyatt International branded hotel projects. You will represent Hyatt Design Services and lead the design management process to ensure compliance with Hyatt’s brand standards including operational requirements of hotel projects at various stages of development and construction. This position requires good understanding of design and project management processes and will work with hotel owners and external consultants. It also requires working closely with Hyatt’s in-house teams for review and approval of potential projects and contributes to Hyatt’s growth story. In conjunction with the Operational Planning Team, Design Services Outsourced Consultants (Engineering, Fire, Life & Safety, ID, Procurement, etc.) and F&B team you will implement the hotel programs, corporate and department initiatives, innovation and changes.
Who are you?
- You have managed multi-disciplinary design teams in development of hospitality projects
- You have minimum 10 years of work experience in the Architecture or Interior Design field
- You have experience with renovation and new-build projects
- You have experience with budget & time management and are confident to manage a project from design initiation to opening.
- You have successfully opened Hotels on brand, on budget & on time.
- You have experience with effective management of third party consultants
- You have a degree or diploma in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- You have great language skills in English, any other languages would be a great addition
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are flexible, can multi-task and are willing to travel for work in Europa, Africa and Middle East
- You are proficient with Outlook and Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point
- You respect all local cultures and you have the ability to flex and adapt to changing needs and environment
- You work with integrity and humility and are happy to mentor teams and develop individuals
- You are ready for a new challenge!
ApplyApply Share Project Director of Design Services on LinkedIn Tweet Project Director of Design Services Share Project Director of Design Services on Facebook Share Project Director of Design Services via EmailOther Opportunities For YouDirector of Design & Planning, Hyatt Inclusive Collection (Remote Opportunity)Hyatt Corporate Office, Chicago | Cancún, ROO, MX Senior Software Engineer, Front EndHyatt Corporate Office, Chicago | Chicago, IL, US Senior Full Stack Engineer (Remote Opportunity)Hyatt Corporate Office, Chicago | Chicago, IL, US