Industrial Chemist - Supplier Qualification and Lab Support (100%)
Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO2 from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO2 directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO2 from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to develop and manage industrial interfaces for the processing (drying and milling) of sorbent materials for the capturing of CO2 from ambient air.
- You conduct audits and on-site visits to assess the quality of industrial partners.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of industrial interfaces and for the efficient interfacing with internal customers.
- You identify solutions that can be carried out in-house as alternative to external contractors and are able to realize them practically.
- You create and manage a portfolio of consultants for the management of regulatory frameworks of processed materials.
- You collaborate closely with our team of development chemists, process engineers, project managers, supply chain managers, to provide optimal industrial interfaces and allow reaching company milestones.
- You carry out testing campaigns to assure compliance with international norms.
- You hold a university degree, FHS, materials science, chemical engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- You are a practical professional who enjoys hands on work. You are a self-starter, solution oriented personality who understands the start-up challenges.
- You have at least 5 years work experience in a chemical or materials industry with a strong history of suppliers interactions.
- You possess high level communication skills.
- You take ownership of your projects and thrive working in a fast paced and challenging environment with ambitious goals.
- You have a network of industrial partners you can tap into.
- You are up to travel up to 20% if required.
- You are fluent in English and German. Any other language is a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.
Apply for this position
At Climeworks, we believe the people make all the difference. Discover other opportunities and learn more about our team, our technology and our culture.
Careers at Climeworks Open positions