Sr. SOC Engineer
Do you enjoy the combination of technology and people? Read on, this job might just be for you!
About Open Systems
We deliver a cybersecurity experience way beyond expectations. We pioneered a SASE that’s adaptable and scalable, with a true zero trust approach, and a unique MDR service that minimizes disruptions through precision containment. Our teams now monitor over 3 million endpoints 24x7 from our locations around the globe. No wonder we call it crazy good cybersecurity. Discover more at www.open-systems.com.
Join us and empower our ambitious Mission Control SOC team in Zürich as a
Senior SOC Engineer
As a Sr. SOC Engineer, you will leverage our unique SOC platform to perform continuous threat detection and response in some of the world’s most advanced and complex infrastructures. You will be the last line of defense for our customers, protecting them from threats that have evaded existing security controls. You run investigations to ground and respond, or provide our customers with direction and recommend response actions. As a primary user of the SOC platform, and a senior-level team member, your input will also help shape the future direction of this innovative platform and service, as we continually evolve our threat detection capabilities and improve SOC efficiency.
- Monitoring, detecting, and responding to threats in customer environments using our SOC platform
- Developing incident response plans and working with customers to contain identified threats
- Communicating regularly with customers and providing security expertise and advice
- Acting as an escalation resource for Open Systems SOC Security Analysts who are triaging security events and observations to identify potential threats
- Tuning threat detection for both general and specific customer environments to minimize noise and amplify signal
- Assisting with the design of new SOC workflows and processes to improve SOC scalability and efficiency
- Participate in DevSecOps to continually improve threat detection capability and accuracy
- Maintaining proficiency by following the latest trends and developments in cybersecurity
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience (detection and response) working in a SOC or the equivalent as a member of an IT security team
- Familiarity with common and latest forms of malware, attacker tools, and techniques
- Ability to design and implement new approaches for detecting attacks and effective containment techniques, including scripting, analytics, and automation.
- Strong understanding of IP networking fundamentals and internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, SMTP, DNS, and SSH
- Knowledge of Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems, mobile devices, and the IT application landscape (Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Collaborative Tools, etc.)
- High-level understanding of public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environments such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions like Office 365
- Experience working with a selection of SIEM, TIP, malware analysis, and vulnerability assessment/management tools as well as multiple sources of threat intelligence to properly categorize suspicious behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of security concepts and best practices through practical experience as well as familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST, CIS, ISO or PCI DSS
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Technical information security certifications such as GIAC, OSCP, CREST, CCIE, HCISPP, CCSP, Microsoft Azure Security Engineer associate are a plus
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, or tuning some or all of the following security technologies: Network firewalls, WAF, IDS/IPS, secure web gateways/web proxy, IAM solutions, endpoint protection (EPP/AV/HIDS), endpoint detection, and response solutions (EDR), DLP/FIM, NAC, and VPN/encryption
What we offer
Open Systems will offer you interesting challenges in the dynamic and global environment of SD-WAN and cybersecurity. You will be in a work environment in which innovative solutions, rapid development times, creativity, and open communication are practiced and continuously fostered. The pursuit of technical advancement is at the center of our attention. Our employees are known as enthusiastic, humorous, and passionate individuals. It’s all about people because it’s them who make us stand out in the marketplace, not our technology.
This position will work out of our headquarters in Zürich, Switzerland where the environment is both fun and professional. Our SOC team collaborates globally, working out of Zürich and Redwood City, California.
We look forward to receiving your online application (please note that you have to compress your application into two attachments).
Come as you are! We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Open Systems welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Direct applications only will be considered.
Für diese Stelle bewerben