Transaction Surveillance Effectiveness Officer
Your field of responsibility
A challenging position in our currently growing Transaction Surveillance effectiveness Team within the Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC). Our role is to assist Credit Suisse in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing.
The Transaction Surveillance team is responsible for managing and resolving all production issues related to CS Transaction Monitoring systems; handling robust governance framework to ensure accurate decision-making process; calibrating monitoring scenarios and models; testing and managing releases; maintaining and updating an AML Typology library; periodically reviewing data mappings between source systems and AML monitoring systems.
Further Key Responsibilities include:
- The Use of different statistical methods and tools (SQL, R, Python) to analyze effectiveness and efficiency of scenarios/models
- Conduct periodic model reviews and calibrations and build visualization dashboards to assess the productivity of the tuned scenarios
- Analyze data quality and data completeness
- Process and cleanse semi-structured or unstructured data
- Support source systems to Mantas Transaction Type mapping reviews
- Work with a strong, global team of individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills in analytics and data science
- Work with FCC IT to trouble shoot issues related to the model performance, and supervise the scenario/model change process
- Review and respond to inquiries from internal audits and/or regulatory exams related to the scenarios/models
- Collaborate with compliance and investigation teams to enhance monitoring systems
- Track and report results of the calibration activities and model performance to FCC Stakeholders, senior management and regulators
- Study fundamental and high impact business questions that directly impact the direction of the company and industry at large
- Build strong and positive relationship with IT, FCC Stakeholders, and other business partners to ensure effective AML TM Operations.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
Your skills and experience
An understanding for the value of diversity in the workplace and dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application!
- 5-7 years of prior AML compliance or related regulatory experience with a wealth management, broker dealer, retail and/or private bank, and/or correspondent bank
- OR 5-7 years of compliance related experience at a law firm, regulatory agency, financial institution, major consulting firm or in law enforcement
- Ability to develop/deliver presentation and training materials to business non-technical users at various levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 5-7 of data analysis experience and advanced SQL knowledge - ability to assemble data sets from disparate sources and analyze using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
- Knowledge of AML transaction monitoring risks and systems such as Actimize, Mantas etc.
- Validated recent experience as a Data Scientist / Data Analyst
- Knowledge of Python, R and data visualization tools is desired
- Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL programming
- Strong data analytics capabilities and experience in optimizing AML operational processes
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written), excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work optimally with colleagues across regions and business divisions
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and responsibility enable you to deal with critical and confidential data
- A standout colleague, self-starter and independent problem solver willing to work in a highly collaborative environment and to contribute to the team's success
Mrs. G. Wiendlocha would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.