- The Business Development Manager Role is responsible for System & Solutions Business (SSB) Sales across EMEA with specific focus on Life Sciences Industry.
- He/she supports and drives the business and its strategic directions in co-ordination with the Local and Industry sales teams.
- He/she is also responsible for business development and project pursuit activities for allocated accounts and outside of those covered by existing Local or Industry Sales Teams
- He/she is responsible for managing and driving the development of opportunity funnel and front log with the Local Sales team, while insuring a qualified solutions sales cycle.
- He/she acts as commercial front end for the SSB application centers for the Life Sciences Industry.
- He/she supports Local Sales activities to identify and close specific projects as part of the larger project pursuit teams
- Applying the Win Strategy Process and accessing the necessary resources within an Application Center, he/she will increase the ease of doing business for SSB pre-sales activities and order hit rate.
Reporting to the Regional Team Lead or SSB Sales Director, as relevant
Technical degree or similar qualification Prior minimum 4-6 years’ sales experience in a technology-based, project delivery organization. Knowledge about production processes and applications within specified industry(s). Proven ability in appropriate competencies and project pursuit Proven ability to achieve results Ability to acquire new business within existing and new customers Core Competencies (according to RA competency model)
Sales process excellence Project pursuit and application excellence Ability to build strategic partnerships within accounts Business and financial understanding Manage for growth Accountable for results Critical decision making Collaboration & teamwork
Prior minimum 4-6 years' sales experience in a technology-based, project delivery organisation