Chief Engineer (f/m/d, 100%)
- You provide independent technical oversight across all elements of a Climeworks plant, and you help supervise the execution of engineering projects to ensure the highest technical quality.
- You ensure compliance of Climeworks’ plants and products with all pertinent global standards and approve all required declarations of conformity (e.g. CE).
- You will be leading the stage-gate process for engineering projects, owning the technical go/no-go decisions, and holding engineering teams accountable for rigorous technical risk management.
- You will be reviewing detail modeling, layouts, and detail drawings. Where needed, you will be interfacing with external engineering services providers.
- You evaluate and approve engineering design tools to develop, evaluate, or modify component or plant designs. You define validation requirements and drive continuous tool improvements.
- You will coach and mentor junior multi-disciplined engineers in close alignment with respective line managers.
- You will be driving cost-consciousness in engineering projects, championing value engineering culture, and cost-out initiatives relating to engineering scope.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- You have at least 12 years of engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years in a similar position
- You have demonstrated the ability to assess/supervise complex product and/or plant engineering projects
- Ideally, you have good knowledge in value-engineering and continuous improvement programs.
- You are able to demonstrate, a solid background in good engineering practice in the chemical/process industry
- You are self-driven, an excellent communicator, and a team player.
- On top of that, are you fluent in English and ideally German? Then we are keen to get to know you