Life Client Manager (f/m/d) full time/part time
Life Client Manager (f/m/d) full time/part time
For other companies, it's merely lip service. For us, it is a guiding principle: &Go. It stands for the trust we place in our employees and their abilities. Because we believe that shared success is only possible when everyone is given the scope they need to let their talents unfold in the best possible way. The best way not only for your personal development, but for the development of the company as a whole. We look forward to receiving your application.
Your mission is to build a technically sound and profitable portfolio of life reinsurance business that is in line with the Helvetia Active Reinsurance risk appetite and underwriting guidelines. This role provides the opportunity to play a key and active role in the development of a new life reinsurance provider.
We are looking for a well-connected reinsurance business developer with a good balance of market knowledge, technical excellence and experience, creativity, and a deep understanding of client needs and challenges.
- Deliver results-oriented treaty underwriting by building-up, developing and maintaining a technically sound and profitable portfolio, and ensuring that all underwriting actions and decisions are properly documented
- Acquire, manage, and maintain new profitable business
- Develop strong broker relationships across all relevant markets
- Develop specific market and sales plans
- Interact effectively with internal functions such as pricing, reserving and finance
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as review of contractual documents and endorsement requests, data input, and maintaining the data quality of the portfolio
- Gather and organise market information regarding insurance and reinsurance products, business production opportunities, and competitor activity
- Proven success in building and maintaining a profitable portfolio of life reinsurance business
- In-depth experience in managing international client and broker relationships across different geographies
- Several years of treaty underwriting experience within the life reinsurance industry
- Capability to underwrite reinsurance opportunities, i.e. deal with treaty wordings, pricing and other technical aspects, as well as manage the referral and negotiation process
- Advanced expertise with good knowledge of actuarial techniques, life reinsurance products, and legal and regulatory constraints
- Communicative and networked teamplayer
- Experience in effective negotiation
- Experience to gather, report, and act on appropriate market information and trends
- Fluent in English, proficiency in French or Spanish will be an advantage
LocationDübendorf/StettbachType of contractPart-time or Full-timeWorking experienceWith work experienceStart dateby appointment
What we offer
Simone Schlegel Moser
Take the first step now by applying online. We only consider direct applications and kindly ask recruiting agencies not to send us candidates.
For this position we cannot consider applications through recruitment agencies.Do you already know your future boss?
Head of Life Reinsurance
Working at Helvetia
At Helvetia we look for people with distinctive strengths and weaknesses – genuine personalities with a bold, wholehearted approach who will not be deterred by the odd headwind. After all, it's only by trying out new ideas and learning from them that we can move forward both as individuals and as a company. We place this confidence in all our employees and this is precisely what makes working for Helvetia so special. Our take on this: &Go.
Find out more
Working for Helvetia means: &Go.
You'll work here
What distinguishes usFriendly Workplace
Helvetia's occupational health management fit@helvetia is committed to the health and satisfaction of its employees. Helvetia was awarded the "Friendly Work Space" label for this commitment in December 2016.kununu award
What employees and applicants say about usTop-100 Employer 2018
Helvetia remains one of the top 100 employers in Switzerland. Universum surveyed 11,000 students from the 70 leading universities.«We pay fair»-award
Helvetia's wages as at 31 December 2017 appear to comply with the principle of "equal pay for work of equal value" enshrined in the Federal Constitution.Top Employer 2021
We are certified as a Top Employer company that offers outstanding employee conditions. We face the demanding audit of the Top Employer Institute every year.Best Recruiters 2020
We aim to provide a consistently positive recruiting process. In 2020, we were once again awarded first place in the Best Recruiter Awards for our recruiting experience.
More jobsKundenberater (w/m/d) Versicherung Uri Teilzeit/Vollzeit
Sales Field Service | Region Central Switzerland Kundenberater Inbound Helvetia Service Center (w/m/d) Teilzeit/VollzeitCustomer Service | Basle/Basel Senior Risk Engineer (all gender) International Utility and Energy, full-time or part-timeUnderwriting | Zurich region, Dübendorf/Stettbach