Requisition ID: 169349
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Early Talent
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Like development, user assistance is a core function. It goes into every app, every feature that SAP develops.
As Junior User Assistance Developer, you will join our development team which is based in Tägerwilen (Lake Constance, CH). We are working on a new replenishment solution for retail customers, following the process of Scrum and applying best practices of agile development.
In your role, you will be responsible for creating and updating technical product documentation for different target groups, using a variety of systems and tools.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Assume responsibility for the creation and delivery of product documentation according to SAP’s standards and guidelines. Typical deliverables include primary help (UI texts), context-sensitive help, terminology, technical guides for installation, administration, and configuration.
- Produce high-quality content that enhances the user experience.
- Collaborate with other development teams and fellow technical writers/translators working on the same overall project
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Excellent bachelor's or master's degree in technical writing, computer linguistics, computer science, business studies, or similar, or language-related university degree
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good written and spoken level of German
- Ability to express complex and abstract information in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to take on documentation-related coordination tasks
- Authoring experience in a DITA-based content management system
- Basic project management skills
- Native English speaker
This is an entry level posting for candidates with up to two years of work experience.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: Developer, ERP, Computer Science, SAP, Cloud, Technology