Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T4PF
Recruiter Name: Mehmet Kurnaz
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Presales Business Architect for Process Industries (f/m)
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Take a leadership role as Business Architect in engaging with key customers in Process Industries as chemicals,life science, trading, commodity – portray a trusted-advisory role and represent SAP solutions and processes from an industry and end-to-end view
- Research account and industry context maps, understand the SAP solution scope and possible customer needs
- Engage with C-level stake-holders in understanding business requirements, current solution landscape and propose new solutions and applications that provide enhanced value from customer perspective
- Together with account executives jointly define and execute the account strategy and identify business needs & incremental solution opportunities
- Support the account team with planning activities to build the customer vision based on solution scope
- Single point of contact for sales into the presales organization
- Act as deal captain for specific multi-solution opportunities orchestrating and leading the involved peers and experts
- Review/ensure right opportunity qualification together with the account team
- Plan deal execution (activities, presales skills, win themes and expected outcomes)
- Support the staffing of required experts within Presales and other SAP organizations (Technical Architects, Industry Value Engineers, partners etc.)
- Consult executive with SAP solution requirement scope & fit
- Deliver & support business process- and business model innovation workshops (design thinking)
- Discover business needs, map solutions and explain business impacts to Executives
- Design business architecture that meet customer needs and is supported by multi-solution approaches
- Design/validate solution landscape with Enterprise Architects and Solution specialists that meets customer requirements
- Monitor impact of Presales Specialist, ensuring consistency of win themes and overall messaging in customer interactions/demos
- Ensure bill of materials (BoM) preparation and connect with Business needs
- Brings along 10 to 15 years of Process Industries / project management / solution consulting experience and has proven his/her project experience in multiple SAP customer projects/engagements
- Excellent understanding of industry business processes, solutions and applications, and ability to comprehend and apply business process best practices
- Experience in sales and sales processes is a plus
- Business fluency in English and German is a must , French is an asset
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Graduate / Post-Graduate degrees in Management, IT or Engineering areas
- Certified / Trained in SAP solutions with minimum 5 end-to-end project experience
- Cross-solution knowledge preferred
- Possesses deep industry or cross solution expertise and is proactively engaged in the related market trends
- Adept at handling project communications, capable of having C-level interactions and engaging with senior management stake-holders, managing expectations and proposing value-based offerings
Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure?
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and visionary that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it. At SAP, you can bring everything you are and become everything you want.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Architecture, Developer, ERP, Engineer, Consulting, Engineering, Technology