Hybrid Cloud and Cyber Security Consultant (w/m/x)
Hybrid Cloud and Cyber Security Consultant (w/m/x)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Junior Cloud Security Consultant who will be responsible for supporting design and deployment efforts in projects we deliver for our clients. In this role you will work with a team of senior consultants on SecOps engineering tasks and projects. In this client-facing role, you will be liaising with your client peers and stakeholders. Continuously learning, development of skills and experience in security and cloud technologies will be part of your work with us.
- Installation, configuration, management and monitoring of security features and cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Development and deployment of security policies, Infrastructure as Code and automation scripts using CI/CD pipelines
- Use of cloud security features to monitor and asses security posture
- Assist in internal and external security operations engineering endeavors
- Integrate cloud events in on-prem / cloud SIEM such as QRadar, Splunk or Elastic Stack
- Installation, configuration, management, test, troubleshooting and hardening of the following public and private cloud platforms:
- IaaS compute including operating system, storage, network resources
- Vulnerability scanning and management
- Endpoint Protection
- Federated identity management, conditional access/MFA and RBAC, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention systems, cloud access security broker
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years of IT experience in deployment and configuration of systems, networks, cloud resources
- 1 year of experience with cloud security technologies
- Strong communication skills in German and English, both written and verbal
- Experience in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience in deployment, use and integration of SIEM functionality with event sources
- Windows and Linux administration
- Hybrid identity and access management
- data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, cloud access security broker
- DNS and fundamental TCP/IP protocols
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.Being You @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Sorry, your browser doesn't support embedded videos.
- Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type:Professional
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Regular
- Company:(0131) IBM Schweiz AG – IBM Suisse SA – IBM Svizzera SA – IBM Switzerland Ltd
- Req ID:388678BR
- Travel Required:Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Do your best work ever.
Join our talent network