Product Manager; Casualty, Financial Lines & Cyber 80%-100%
At Zurich we are continuing to pursue excellence in our underwriting function and have a newly created role to drive success in our Casualty, Financial Lines and Cyber business.
This represents an exciting opportunity to sharpen both our business and your skill set, drive efficiency in the space and in return be rewarded with career growth and an opportunity to carve out your own path in the new role. Our decentralized model will leverage your leadership skills of collaboration, communication and negotiation in order to make a difference in this role.
What you will do
- Assess local skills, processes and governance of wordings for the LOB area across multiple business units
- Technical coordination of product development wording for casualty, financial lines & Cyber
- Collaborate on product development with the respective interfaces (claims, legal, compliance, IT, marketing, sales, etc.)
- Drive complex policy terms negotiations by being a recognized subject matter expert with either the product team of distribution partners or risk management departments of customers
- Develop a consistent coverage philosophy for the Business Units and Underwriters for a portfolio, line of business, or product line
- Enhance existing and structure and codify new technical underwriting guidelines and Best Practices within the Business Unit
- Lead strategic initiatives that impact three or more product lines, possibly across different Lines of Business and teams
- Development of contracts and terms and conditions or coverage concepts in the national and international environment within the framework of the risk appetite as well as the guidelines and compliance specifications with the specialist focus on casualty and financial lines and cyber
- Analysis and assessment of broker and competition policies and / or wordings as well as special concepts with sales partners, if necessary
- Elaboration and negotiation of contractual terms and clauses with the relevant contracting parties
- Work location is Zurich
What you will bring
- Legal studies or studies in insurance and finance, ideally with further legal training (e.g. LLM in insurance law), each with in-depth knowledge of property
- In-depth knowledge of standard market conditions, knowledge of casualty lines
- Experience in project management
- Negotiating skills in technical wording discussions with brokers and customers as well as in drafting legal contracts and clauses
- Resilience, assertiveness and the ability to work in a team
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees.
Are you interested in working for a company that values its people and put's its customers and employees at the heart of everything we do? Are you looking for growth opportunities beyond simply a career? Then Zurich could be just the place for you!
Our people are the heart & soul of Zurich. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose - Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!
Our ambition is to become one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world. To get there we hire and develop the best talent available. With Zurich, you can expect to work on challenges that will help you grow and to collaborate with a diverse and inclusive global team.
People are Zurich’s most important asset. Their varied skills, perspectives and experiences drive innovation. And they reflect the breadth and diversity of our customers, suppliers, communities and investors around the world. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Zurich does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Location(s): CH - Zürich, AU - Sydney, DK - Copenhagen, SG - Singapore, UK - London
- Remote working: No
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Christopher Parkinson