Lawyer, IPZ Legal & Tax, Commercial Insurance, 80%-100%
Are you aiming to take the next step in your career and work in a multinational environment with countries across the globe? With a new office location planned mid-2021, outstanding career growth options, on-the-job training in cross-border insurance regulatory matters and a great team in place, there’s never been a better time to be part of Zurich.
Zurich has been a leader in structuring and delivering global insurance solutions to multinational customers for more than 40 years. The IPZ Legal & Tax team has primary responsibility for ensuring that out-of-territory information in Zurich’s Multinational Insurance Application (MIA) remains accurate and up to date. As Zurich’s flagship tool for structuring cross-border and international program business (IPZ), MIA hosts insurance regulatory and tax information for over 180 countries in different business contexts.
What you will do
- Collect and maintain the legal advice underpinning the insurance regulatory information (non-life, life and reinsurance) in MIA that ultimately enables Zurich to write compliant cross-border insurance, notably IPZ business
- Guide underwriters in crafting compliant cross-border underwriting solutions
- Articulate and defend how Zurich writes international business in the face of external challenges and enquiries from, e.g. brokers and customers
- Update key guidelines such that support Zurich’s underwriters globally in writing compliant cross-border business
- Register/renew the registration of Zurich Insurance Company as a foreign reinsurer in overseas countries as required
- Support the business on new products and initiatives when requested
- Contribute to the continuous development of the MIA tool and test new releases thereby securing MIA as a key part of the IPZ business strategy and IPZ IT connectivity vision
- Work location is Zurich
What you will bring
- Legal Degree (L.L.B. or equivalent) and 5 or more years of experience in a legal or insurance environment, additional qualifications (e.g. L.L.M.) preferable
- Ideally experience of working in a multinational environment across multiple geographies
- Preferably knowledge of insurance industry and international program business but not essential
- High proficiency in English language, French/Spanish would also be a plus
- Willess to deal with ambiguity, deliver results and enjoy yourself along the way
Are you interested in working for a company that values its people and put's its customers and employees at the heart of everything we do? Are you looking for growth opportunities beyond simply a career? Then Zurich could be just the place for you!
Our people are the heart & soul of Zurich. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose - Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!
Our ambition is to become one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world. To get there we hire and develop the best talent available. With Zurich, you can expect to work on challenges that will help you grow and to collaborate with a diverse and inclusive global team.
People are Zurich’s most important asset. Their varied skills, perspectives and experiences drive innovation. And they reflect the breadth and diversity of our customers, suppliers, communities and investors around the world. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Zurich does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Location(s): CH - Zürich
- Remote working: No
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Christopher Parkinson
- Closing date: