Architectural Designer, 100% (m/f/d)
CRB is a privately-held company with a 30+ year history of providing design and construction solutions to the global life science marketplace. Founded in 1984, CRB has grown to over 1,300 employees and 20 offices. Building off the principals of still-active founder and CEO Jeff Biskup, CRB invests heavily in employee professional development and in maintaining an entrepreneurial culture. CRB is looking to build a professional design team in their office in Basel.
Why choose CRB: privately-owned, stable company with a smaller team environment, strong team culture, client-focused “do the right thing” attitude, excellent variety of tasks/ responsibilities, permanent positions.
- Architectural degree or Professional degree from an accredited University or demonstrated design firm experience
- Language: Fluent in German (C2+technical language), ability to communicate in English (B1+) is a plus
- 4+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Entrepreneurial, client focused, and leadership skills required
- Flexibility to travel (moderate) required
- Experience with advanced technology industry projects preferred such as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food & nutrition, and/or consumer products
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred but not required
- Experience in facility planning/ GMP planning/ process architecture or industrial planning is preferred but not required
CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and dynamic team-oriented individual that has a desire to help CRB continue to develop its architecture presence in the life science marketplace. A successful candidate will have the ability to support all phases of design including initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Furthermore, the successful candidate shall display a solid working knowledge of local building code requirements and construction document preparation (e.g. graphics, detailing, and specifications) as well as organization and distribution during all stages of development (e.g. review, bid, permit, etc.). Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. The successful candidate will be expected to represent CRB in a professional manner.
Responsibilities May Include But Are Not Limited To
- Developing project documents (e.g. calculations, reports and construction drawings and specifications, etc.) to client, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Coordinating with other disciplines and other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors).
- Researching architectural materials and methods as required.
- Assisting with proposal preparation within the architectural discipline.
- Working with the Lead Architect and clients to assess needs and develop an associated project program.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to run smaller to mid-size projects independently.
- Developing architectural designs and coordinating with the design team at the direction of the Lead Architect.
- Developing the architectural BIM model for design concepts, coordinating with the BIM Coordinator and all other internal and external project team members.
- Participating in discipline-related internal and external project communication and coordination.
- Demonstrated design detailing and technical layout skills.
- Assist Lead Architect with building code review.
- Assist Lead Architect with client management.
- Performing field work as required for project execution (e.g. taking field dimensions, field visits during construction, etc.)
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: CRB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with CRB. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CRB via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at CRB in any form without a valid written search agreement in place with CRB Recruiting for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of CRB, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CRB as a result.