Senior Mechanical Engineer, 100 % (m/f/d)
CRB is a privately-held company with a 30+ year history of providing design and construction solutions to the global life science marketplace. Founded in 1984, CRB has grown to over 1,300 employees and 20 offices. Building off the principles of still-active founder and CEO Jeff Biskup, CRB invests heavily in employee professional development and in maintaining an entrepreneurial culture. CRB is looking to build a professional design team in their established office in Basel.
Why choose CRB: privately-owned, stable company with a smaller team environment, strong team culture, client-focused “do the right thing” attitude, excellent variety of tasks/ responsibilities, permanent positions.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer must be an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual that can demonstrate the successful delivery of detailed mechanical design packages on medium to large scale capital projects. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, this individual shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, handle multiple complex tasks, establish and manage priorities, and have a strong drive to deliver a quality project for customers. Required engineering capabilities include the ability to develop and implement engineering and design concepts for HVAC, and plant utilities. The Senior Mechanical Engineer shall also have a thorough understanding of the development of design documents and deliverables through the conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction phases of a project (P&IDs, distribution plans, specifications, etc.). This role will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external architects and engineers, as well as the client, construction managers, vendors, and subcontractors. Project sizes will vary and consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process projects including existing building renovations / retrofits and new construction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 10 plus years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Understanding of and experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process projects preferred
- Experience with Industry standards required; cGMP and ISPE Guideline knowledge preferred
- Experience in energy efficient design and current sustainable design approaches preferred
- Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Air Flow Diagrams (AFDs) required
- Understanding of SIA and HOAI based design, estimating and construction
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from a mechanical / utilities perspective (from concept design through start-up) required
- Ability to mentor and develop young engineers and manage mechanical design and staff
- Developing overall Conceptual and Basis of Design level design approaches and documentation.
- Developing HVAC, and plant utility, plumbing, and compressed gas system philosophies.
- Designing central utility plant systems and overall equipment layouts.
- Developing Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction specifications.
- Performing temperature / humidity control / utility load calculations.
- Developing airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, and classification, as well as ductwork and piping plans.
- Sizing and routing ductwork and piping.
- Selecting and developing the layout for air devices.
- Developing building management system (BMS) control philosophy, details, Sequence of Operations, and plans in coordination with I&C engineers.
- Developing utility consumption summaries for plant and utilities.
- Developing P&ID’s, equipment plans, plant / process utility distribution plans, and system details.
- Performing construction assistance in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction of Mechanical / Utilities scope is executed per the intent of the design, and assisting in start-up of systems when required.
- Directing activities of Mechanical CAD and Designer support staff as well as use CAD and modeling programs when necessary.
- Managing and developing Mechanical / Utilities scope for project budgets and schedules.
- Marketing services to client and maintaining client relationships and contributing to discipline related content for proposals.
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: CRB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with CRB. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CRB via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at CRB in any form without a valid written search agreement in place with CRB Recruiting for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of CRB, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CRB as a result.