Project Manager, 100 % (m/f/d)
Place of Work: The place of work shall be at the Company’s offices in Basel-City Switzerland. The Employee is aware of and accepts that he/she might be required to travel frequently and work on project sites.
CRB is a privately-held company with a 30+ year history of providing design and construction solutions to the global life science marketplace. Founded in 1984, CRB has grown to over 1,300 employees and 20 offices. Building off the principles of still-active founder and CEO Jeff Biskup, CRB invests heavily in employee professional development and in maintaining an entrepreneurial culture. CRB is looking to build a professional design team in their established office (and subsidiary) in Basel.
Why choose CRB? Privately-owned, stable company with a smaller team environment, strong team culture, client-focused "do the right thing" attitude, excellent variety of tasks/responsibilities, permanent positions.
- Diplom-Ingenieur in Process, Mechanical, Electrical or comparable Engineering
- Minimum 7 years Engineering experience, including a minimum 3 years of experience with technical project management/ project leader in the field of Pharma or Biotech design/ engineering/ construction
- Language: Fluent in German (C2+technical language), ability to communicate in English (B2+), French (B2+) is a plus
- Valid Work Permit for Basel, Switzerland, or able to obtain a permit
- Excellent project leadership, team leadership, organization and international communication skills
- Project realization experience in Switzerland including SIA, General Planning and EPCM
- Experience with project management tools (MS Project, MS Excel, CRM systems)
CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and dynamic team-oriented individual that has a desire to help CRB continue to develop its local expertise within the life science marketplace, fulfilling the role of Project Manager on varying-sized projects and within the Basel office. In addition to the qualifications listed above, a successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully lead project tasks and deliverables and an overall project team. Candidate should be a collaborative team player and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of biotechnology process projects including both existing renovations / retrofits and new construction. The successful candidate will be expected to represent CRB in a professional manner.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for project success: project goals, client expectations, technical completion, quality compliance, budget, schedule
- Developing scope, fee, team and approach from proposal phase through completion of final project deliverables.
- Managing client expectations, aligning team to overall project goals, leading and motivating engineering design team
- Leading, coordinating, managing, delegating and supporting project team and client as required for project success
- Working with Project Coordinator to define execution methods, tools, communication strategy and resource needs
- Reporting progress to the client weekly and monthly
- Utilizing earned value methodology for progress tracking
- Developing project execution plans appropriate for the size and type of project
- Defining the team needs and approach for General Planning or EPCM opportunities