Procurement Manager / Project Commercial Specialist,100% (m/f/d)
CRB is a privately held company with a 30+ year history of providing design and construction solutions to the global life science marketplace. Founded in 1984, CRB has grown to over 1,300 employees and 20 offices. Building off the principles of still-active founder and CEO Jeff Biskup, CRB invests heavily in employee professional development and in maintaining an entrepreneurial culture. CRB is looking to build a professional design team in their established office in Basel.
Why choose CRB? Privately-owned, stable company with a smaller team environment, strong team culture, client-focused "do the right thing" attitude, excellent variety of tasks/responsibilities, permanent positions.
Analysis of market and delivery conditions will be required to determine present and future material and subcontractor availability. If needed, the investigation, analysis, and interview of potential suppliers and subcontractor to determine manufacturing limitations, facilities, equipment, quality standards and experience will be executed. Fulfillment of purchasing recommendations for project procurement as needed. Maintenance of historical procurement information relating to equipment / material is necessary to provide to estimating department.
- Degree in Business Management, Construction or Engineering, or relevant years’ experience
- 8+ years of experience in project purchasing / procurement, commercial, subcontracting and equipment purchasing as well as in estimating, bidding, contracting and accounting for engineering and/or building/civil engineering projects.
- Skills in conducting price and award negotiations, ensuring and secure professional contracting
- Experience with ERP systems and / or online bidding systems is preferred
- Language: German, English mandatory; French preferred
- Frequent travel across the DACH region may be required
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Development of procurement strategies within EPCM and EPC scenario
- Establish project work break-down structure (WBS)
- Develop of commercial bidding packages and RFQ’s in accordance with respective WBS
- Handling of various contract scenarios with clients and subcontractors
- Assist with agenda development for pre-bid and pre-award meetings for project procurement
- Coordinate activities with design and construction team members
- Solicit and tabulate commercial evaluations from bids
- Preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts, and subconsultant agreements
- Interview suppliers’ representatives regarding specifications, cost factors, and other issues related to procurement of equipment, supplies, and materials
- Confer with suppliers to obtain product or service information including price, availability, and delivery
- reviewing and Processing of invoices for compliance with terms and acceptable supplier deliverables/milestones
- Expedite delivery of submittals and equipment deliveries
- Act as interface to internal resources which clarify tax, insurance, and liability issues
- Prepare status reports, letters, and other documentation pertaining to procurement and project commercial activities
- Assist in the execution of online bidding records
- Manage project commercial programs
- Leading and managing procurement staff (e.g. buyers)
- Initiate, plan and management of claim management
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: CRB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with CRB. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CRB via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at CRB in any form without a valid written search agreement in place with CRB Recruiting for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of CRB, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CRB as a result.