Process Engineer - Fill & Finish (m/f/d)
CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a position as a Process Engineer – Fill-Finish. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. This person will provide guidance to develop and implement process concepts and designs on Fill-Finish projects. The Process Engineer – Fill-Finish is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including architects, mechanical, I&C, and electrical engineers and also client personnel to ensure the design requirements are met. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical Fill-Finish process projects including both existing renovations / retrofits and new construction.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent technical education
- 2 - 5 years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Expert in developing process strategies/philosophies for Fill-Finish projects
- Expert in EMA, FDA, and other regulatory standards and requirements for Fill-Finish processes
- Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP in Fill-Finish applications
- Ability to present process designs to existing and new clients
- Ability to lead a project and to direct the process design effort
- Experience with MS Office
- Ability to direct Fill-Finish design activities
- Languages: Fluent in German (C1+) and ability to communicate in English (B2+)
- Flexibility to travel (moderate) required
- Gathering process data and developing project requirements.
- Developing design criteria for Fill-Finish lines.
- Developing of equipment lists for complex processes.
- Developing of detailed process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Working directly with facility planners to layout the process needs including space, adjacencies, and flows.
- Researching equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
- Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
- Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
- Performing HAZOP reviews and project quality reviews.
This is a full-time position
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: CRB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with CRB. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CRB via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at CRB in any form without a valid written search agreement in place with CRB Recruiting for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of CRB, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CRB as a result.