Senior Process Engineer - Fill-Finish, 100% (m/f/d)
Location: The place of work shall be at the Company’s offices in Basel-City (Basel-Stadt). The Employee is aware of and accepts that he/she might be required to travel frequently and work on project sites.
CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a position as a Senior Process Engineer – Fill-Finish. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. This person will provide process engineering leadership and guidance to develop and implement process concepts and designs on Fill-Finish projects. The Senior Process Engineer – Fill-Finish is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including architects, mechanical, I&C, and electrical engineers and also client personnel to ensure the design requirements are met. Project sizes will vary, and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical Fill-Finish process projects including both existing renovations / retrofits and new construction.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent technical education
- 10 plus years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Expert in developing process strategies/philosophies for Fill-Finish projects
- Expert in EMA, FDA, and other regulatory standards and requirements for Fill-Finish processes
- Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP in Fill-Finish applications required
- Proven ability to present process designs to existing and new clients required
- Proven ability to lead a project and to direct the process design effort required
- Proven ability to author articles and to present at conferences required
- Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
- Ability to direct Fill-Finish design activities and lead a team of engineers required
- Language(s): Fluent in German (C1+) and ability to communicate in English (B2+), French is a plus
- Gathering process data and developing project requirements.
- Developing design criteria for Fill-Finish lines.
- Directing development of equipment lists for complex processes.
- Directing development of detailed process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Working directly with facility planners to layout the process needs including space, adjacencies, and flows.
- Researching equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
- Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
- Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
- Performing HAZOP reviews and project quality reviews.
- Being a mentor and providing training to Process engineers.
- Developing and presenting continuing education topics internally.
- Representing CRB with external partners and clients and developing key relationships throughout the industry including participation in industry organizations, writing papers/articles, and speaking and presenting.
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges.
- Establishing CRB as a thought leader throughout the industry such that additional project opportunities become available.
- Support the growth of the Fill-Finish team