Quality System Engineer - e-Bike Systems (m/f/d) 100%
To strengthen our e-Bike Quality team located in Cham (ZG), Switzerland, we are seeking a Quality System Engineer to commence immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be responsible for the overall functionality and reliability of our e-Bike systems and partner up with Systems Engineering, Connectivity, Quality, Product Management and Rider Care to ensure the successful integration of subsystems from different suppliers. You will design validation programs for the entire system to ensure reliability at launch and you will serve as a technical expert in support of our most challenging field problems for the systems post launch.
How you will make a difference
Quality and Reliability of New Systems, Features or Tools
- Partner up with System Engineering and perform troubleshooting in late development and field testing.
- Establish full system validation protocols to ensure reliability of the system at launch.
- Partner up with suppliers to establish development and control processes which ensure system stability through changes in hardware and firmware.
- Lead risk assessments (FMEA or similar methods) to identify integration risks of hardware running changes, firmware, tools, or functionality.
- Establish a ‘design for serviceability’ mindset with all components and systems, ensuring that troubleshooting and diagnostics capabilities are designed into all our systems
Field Issue Support and System Lifecycle Support
- Create and maintain configuration files for the diagnostics of the systems you are responsible for.
- Serve as the ‘top-tier’ of support of complex field issues that require and in-depth engineering investigation and analysis of the systems you are responsible for.
- Work with our Field Quality and Ride Care teams to resolve technical issues in the field and in production and document resolution in our known issues log of the systems you are working on.
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronics, Software or System Engineering with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in embedded systems.
- Experience in Quality system, risk assessment and formal validation methods for software and systems.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (e.g. CAN bus) and wireless communication protocols (WiFi, BLE, ANT+).
- Proactive, hands-on approach on solving complex issues.
- Success working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines. This includes a great eye for prioritization – pushing aggressively for value and passing on non-value-add.
- Excellent communication skills as you will collaborate with and coordinate between Quality, Systems, Connectivity, Product Management and Rider Care teams
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), German skills are a plus
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence is a plus
- Avid cyclist and bike mechanic with a passion for e-bikes
You are interested? We look forward to receiving your compelling application stating your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Please submit your application exclusively via our online career portal. Applications via e-mail, mail or employment agencies will not be considered.
Specialized Europe GmbH - Human Resources - Werkstattgasse 10 - CH-6330 Cham - www.specialized.com/careers
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.