Engineering Team Lead - Data & Analytics
Curious about the future of event marketing?
SpotMe is the event management platform for B2B marketers. With over 2 million users and 400+ customers, G2 and Forrester say we are one of the key contenders in the space. Brands like SAP, Pfizer, and KPMG use SpotMe to drive demand, build connections and grow revenue. Our software powers virtual events, webinars, and hybrid meetings with apps, video, attendee engagement, and analytics.
Behind the magic stands a curious, diligent, and humble team with over 30 nationalities. A team that feels a deep pride in the work they do, a team that cares for each other, and a team that always chooses to play the next game.
- Responsible for managing and building a team of software engineers from scratch to design and build best-in-class data analytics modules and features for the SpotMe SaaS platform.
- Report to the VP of Engineering.
- Build, manage and lead a team of 4-6 engineers to build and maintain the SpotMe platform data analytics capabilities and associated API’s through effective hiring, leadership, and coaching.
- Introduce new technologies that will help us build a scalable and robust data analytics pipeline and contribute to building data visualizations too.
- Apply a top-down approach to answering business questions based on data points that need to be collected and stored within the platform.
- Drive the team’s sprint planning, execution, and progress until delivery
- Work closely with the Product and Implementation teams to gather requirements and translate them into development stories that shall be developed and delivered by your team.
- Build, maintain and evolve SpotMe’s API 2.0 (https://developer.spotme.com)
- Design and build REST API’s to retrieve analytics and data points.
- 4+ years experience in a similar position building Data & Analytics capabilities.
- 2+ years of experience as team leader in an Agile (SCRUM) development environment
- Hands-on experience with data streaming technologies such as message brokers (Kafka, RabitMQ, etc.) as well as time-series databases (InfluxDB, Graphite, etc.) is required.
- Experience in designing and developing software components and features for large-scale distributed information systems.
- Ability to understand business problematics and questions and drill down into what data sources and points are required to answer them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
We are in hypergrowth mode and with demand exploding, we are rapidly scaling and expanding our teams. If working with us in shaping the future is the opportunity you are looking for, we want to talk to you. Our Work From Anywhere approach enables maximum flexibility for all our talents.
SpotMe recruits, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status, or veteran status.