"Constant scientific challenges and close business bonds"
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland Permanent contract, 100%
Nestlé Research Center (NRC) located near Lausanne, Switzerland is one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences. With about 600 members of staff from over 40 nationalities, NRC has a strong position in the international scientific community supported further by more than 200 external scientific partnerships and University collaborations and more than 100 scientific publications each year.
(learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com)
As a biostatistician, you will be responsible for all statistical tasks of individual clinical trials as well as global clinical projects. Demonstrating scientific curiosity and good communication skills, you will propose optimal statistical designs and provide statistical input into the trial protocols, including preparation of the statistical analysis plan. You will also analyze and report results of clinical trials and have the opportunity to present the clinical results to various Nestlé stakeholders. This role would give you the opportunity to collaborate with different functions (clinical project management, data management, medical director, scientists and quality management) and will allow you to broaden your knowledge in clinical development & operations, R&D and various Nestlé businesses.
- Provide input in the evidence development strategy of projects (including design, sample size, modelling/simulations) by evaluating scientific background knowledge
- Coordinate regular and complex statistical tasks with high level of autonomy
- Provide statistical input for protocol writing
- Responsible for statistical analysis strategies ensuring their feasibility, efficiency, validity and reproducibility
- Analyse clinical data and present statistical results
- Responsible for statistical aspects if scientific communication on clinical projects
- Training in a field relevant to Biostatistics (MSc or PhD)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in academia or industry as a Biostatistician (minimum 10 years for a Senior role)
- Comprehensive knowledge of biostatistics in all phases of clinical development, in particular in planning, execution, analysis and reporting of clinical studies
- Proficiency with various statistical methodologies applied in clinical trials and knowledge of regulatory guidance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time
- Good communication skills towards both scientific and business partners
Show us that you have the capacity to take initiatives and that you understand the business environment. Your curiosity and your motivation will contribute to your and our success.
If you are interested in joining Nestlé as a Biostatistician, please apply in English at https://jobs.nestle.com/en/home.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Avenue Nestlé 55 1800 Vevey