"Market-leading products and headline-making projects"
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. rate 100%
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As a biostatistician, you will be responsible for all statistical tasks of individual clinical trials as well as global clinical projects. Demonstrating scientific curiosity and good communication skills, you will propose optimal statistical designs and provide statistical input into the trial protocols, including preparation of the statistical analysis plan. You will also analyze and report results of clinical trials and have the opportunity to present the clinical results to various Nestlé stakeholders. This role would give you the opportunity to collaborate with different functions (clinical project management, data management, medical director, scientists and quality management) and will allow you to broaden your knowledge in clinical development & operations, R&D and various Nestlé businesses.
- Coordinate regular and complex statistical tasks with high level of autonomy and ensure the activities performed throughout a trial are compliant with current guidelines and processes
- Evaluate scientific background knowledge and provide input in the evidence development strategy of projects (including design, sample size, modelling/simulations)
- Provide statistical input for protocol writing and review of clinical study documents
- Write and review statistical analysis plans and ensure agreement with protocol whilst also ensuring their feasibility, efficiency, validity and guidelines-adherence (GCP)
- Analyse clinical data and report statistical results
- Training in a field relevant to Biostatistics (MSc or PhD)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in academia or industry as a Biostatistician
- Comprehensive knowledge of biostatistics in all phases of clinical development, in particular in planning, execution, analysis and reporting of clinical studies
- Proficiency with various statistical methodologies applied in clinical trials and knowledge of regulatory guidance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time
- Good communication skills towards both scientific and business partners
Show us that you have the capacity to take initiatives and that you understand the business environment. Your curiosity and your motivation will contribute to your and our success.
If you are interested in joining Nestlé as a Biostatistician, please apply in English at https://jobs.nestle.com/en/home.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Avenue Nestlé 55 1800 Vevey