20! The number of years to develop Luxturna; a transformational gene therapy for children and adults impacted by an ultra-rare retinal disease that causes the ongoing deterioration of vision cells and leads to complete blindness.
Join our Luxturna team on an incredible journey to expand the reach of the first ever ocular gene therapy.
We target a disease that lacks effective therapies and affects relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. Reporting to the Head of Region Europe for Luxturna, the Cluster Commercial Lead of Switzerland/Austria will shape the Cluster strategy and lead execution of commercial strategies to help patients and healthcare professionals. This role will work closely with multiple stakeholders (other Cluster Commercial Leads, Patient Access, Medical Cluster Commercial Leads, Communications, and Patient Advocacy) to develop and execute clear, concise and actionable strategic plans.
Luxturna Cluster Comm. Lead CH/Austria
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Conduct regular business analyses of the local market, opportunities (local medical con-ferences), customers, payers, competition, key stakeholders, legislation, policies within the area of rare diseases, orphan diseases
* Map the local patient access flow to provide input into contracting and local access strat-egies * Develop strategy, objectives and tactics in line with the Rare Diseases Unit objectives
* Conduct periodic needs assessments with key customers to tailor and communicate cus-tomer insights to Head RE Luxturna. Engage with Head RE Luxturna and cross functional team to drive development of new strategies and tactics to pursue business opportunities
* Implement and track progress of local business plan
* Facilitate networking among centers to improve the unified patient journey including gene testing pathways (building referral networks)
* Develop and foster relationships with retinal specialists to identify patients to get geno-typed
* Drive genotyping diagnostic efforts through disease awareness and education to suc-cessfully initiate and execute genotyping programs
* Lead discussion and educate on the importance of genotyping and disease awareness of IRD diseases
* Identify opportunities and lead cross-functional team to implement strategies and tactics to ensure and support the unified patient journey and access to product at local level
* Communicate and coordinate, according to guidelines, with cross-functional team in CPO, Cluster, Region to identify solutions to support the unified patient journey and re-imbursement issues and support as needed with the customers
* Build key business relationships and discuss company products (as assigned), company programs, and customer specific tactics/programs with key stakeholders and decision makers at assigned accounts (i.e. Medical and Pharmacy Director, CEO, Program Direc-tor, Head of PR, Head of Patient Services, Head of Reimbursement and Patient Assis-tance, Head of Procurement, clinical staff: physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, etc.)
* Identify and develop Genetic Testing Key Opinion Leaders(KOLs) ...
What you'll bring to the role:
- Education (minimum/desirable): Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharma-cy or Business related discipline). MBA preferred.
- Strong business background
- German/English: fluent written and spoken.
- 10 years of pharma/biotech industry experience in a combination of sales and potentially marketing or account management roles.
- Minimum 2 years in hospital or specialty sales (prefera-bly biologics, rheumatology, allergy/immunology or rare diseases). Demonstrated ability to work with accounts, multiple stakeholders and academic customers Proven ability to establish and cultivate key customer relationships
- Will to win, ability to manage complexity, negotiations skills, organization and prioritization, business acumen, project management, decision making, tactical execution Demonstrated ability to be creative / think "outside-the-box" and use non-traditional approaches within Novartis ethics and compliance policies Strong problem-solving, business planning and analytical skills Travel as needed for business requirements (50% Swit-zerland, 50% Austria with occasional support to the Greek organization).
- Ability to fulfill duties with limited supervision
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine Medicine.