Digital Fundraising Officer
Médecins Sans Frontières / Ärzte Ohne GrenzenZurich
Auf einen Blick
Veröffentlicht:10 März 2023
Jahreslohn:86 508-99 612 CHF
Context & Mission
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, epidemics and endemics. Its Operational Centre in Geneva is responsible for medical assistance programmes in 24 countries.
The Digital Fundraising Officer is a member of the Digital Unit, a team of nine people who run the digital communications and digital fundraising activities for MSF Switzerland. The Digital Unit is part of the Communication and Fundraising department. The general objective of the position is to implement MSF's online Fundraising activities for the German part of Switzerland. S/he works under the supervision of the Digital Fundraising Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Officer based in Geneva to develop the digital fundraising strategy.
As a member of the Digital Unit, s/he will work together with the rest of the Unit, the different Fundraising Units and with the Creative Content Unit, participating in the dynamics of these units (meetings, workshops), representing, and executing the vision, objectives and action plans of fundraising.
Online marketing and fundraising
- Work under the supervision of the Digital Fundraising Coordinator to implement the online fundraising activities for the German part of MSF Switzerland.
- Create, produce and manage all digital fundraising campaigns (ads, e-mailings, social media) for the German side of Switzerland
- Develop and update fundraising content on the institutional website as well as campaign websites for the different target audiences (i.e., donors, partners, prospects).
- Implement the online actions to engage and cultivate the donor base.
- Define, carry out and optimize the actions to drive donor acquisition (one –off and regular).
- Drive the donor emailing communication cycle, in collaboration with the fundraising and CRM team.
- Follow and report on MSF Switzerland’s digital fundraising activities (ads, e-mailings, social media, website) for the Swiss German part.
- Monitor daily and run ad-hoc analysis of the digital statistics, produce reports relating to outcomes.
- Recommend and implement all actions necessary to improve MSF Switzerland’s digital fundraising activities on the basis of above analyses.
- Follows the contexts of the countries where MSF intervention takes place.
- Participate in the dynamic work of the Digital Unit with the aim of sharing fundraising actions and plan online actions.
- University Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing/Digital Marketing or Digital Fundraising.
- 3-4 years of experience working in digital marketing (non-profit environment is a plus)
- Demonstrable track record of success in past experiences
- Native German speaker mandatory
- Fluent in French or English
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in German (native speaker)
- Organization and time management skills
- Solution and result orientated working
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Team player and people skills
- Ability to work independently and as well as collaboratively
- Ability to be agile, flexible and work in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure (emergency mode regarding MSF activities)
- Strong interest in humanitarian action; understand and support MSF’s core values
- Strong interest and understanding of digital transformation
Skills / Technical competencies
- Project management, ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
- Good knowledges of HTML/CSS
- Very strong knowledge of digital analysis (Google Analytics / GA 4 / Google Tag Manager)
- Profound understanding of online advertising (ads certifications a plus)
- Very deep knowledges in e-mailings, landing pages, trackings and dashboarding
- Production capacities (image, e-mailings, banners, …)
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100% (40h/week)
- Open-ended contract
- Working place: Geneva or Zurich,
- Ideal start date: May 2nd, 2023
- Gross annual salary: from CHF 86’508.- to CHF 99’612.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is April 9th, 2023. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontières / Ärzte Ohne Grenzen