Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers' journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
Are you ready to take off? We are looking forward to take you on board as
Category Manager - Indirect Spend (temporary 8-10 months, 80 %)
As a Category Manager for Indirect Procurement and Travel Management at Jet Aviation, you will be responsible for successfully managing high-value, complex purchases to support the business organization. Your primary focus will be on the category of indirect procurement and travel management, ensuring that the procurement strategy is aligned and executed effectively. You will collaborate closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders to achieve this goal.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize the procurement process for indirect goods, services, and travel related contracts, aiming to achieve the least total cost of ownership, supplier consolidation, quality improvements, and process efficiencies
- Lead global contract negotiations, volume discounts, and establish long-term partnerships with suppliers at a global scale across multiple regions
- Manage claims and contracts for conformity to company policy, serving as the primary point of contact for all contractual-related challenges with suppliers
- Support the Material Budgeting process during the upfront project phase and bidding
- Stay updated on market trends, technological developments, and supplier corporate restructuring within the category of indirect procurement and travel management
- Ensure strict adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards to uphold good corporate governance
- Drive category development in alignment with business requirements
- Strong track record in category management activities, specifically in indirect procurement and travel management
- Ability to navigate effectively across a global matrixed organization, collaborating with various stakeholders
- Highly proficient in negotiating techniques with excellent communication skills
- Possess high business and financial acumen, along with strong influencing skills
- Bachelor's degree or similar qualification from an accredited university
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to execute tasks with high personal accountability
- Customer-focused with a strong market perspective, keeping external factors in mind while making decisions
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
If you are interested in a multicultural, challenging and innovative working environment and your profile matches our requirements, we are looking forward to receiving your online application in English.