Quality Engineer m/f/d
Veröffentlicht:29 November 2022
Arbeitsort:Wankdorfstr. 10, 3000 Bern
CSL Behring ist ein weltweit führendes Biotech-Unternehmen, das sich seinem Versprechen verpflichtet hat, Leben zu retten. In Bern entwickeln und vertreiben wir mit über 1800 Mitarbeitenden lebensrettende Therapien für Menschen mit schweren und seltenen Krankheiten weltweit.
Am Standort Bern (CH) oder Marburg (GER), suchen wir
Quality Engineer m/f/d
As a part of the Quality for Combination Products and Medical Devices (CP/MD QA) department, the Quality Engineer will represent Quality in global teams involved in design, development, manufacture and regulatory approval of CSL Behring combination products, which include medical device constituent parts developed to enable convenience, monitoring, compliance and effective outcomes for the lives of our patients.
This role is responsible for ensuring that new product development activities for all CSL Behring combination product projects follow a 21 CFR Part 4 compliant quality system. The Quality Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert on medical device and combination product requirements in accordance with FDA / MDR regulations, ISO and other standards and industry best practices with the emphasis on Design Control process. This role is involved in the quality related activities throughout the entire product lifecycle from product concept through industrialization and post market support.
The Quality Engineer will collaborate with the multiple global functions and manufacturing sites.
- Serve as Quality Engineer on assigned combination product development projects.
- Work with project leaders and both internal and external team members to ensure that all design development work meets applicable FDA, EU MDR and other global regulatory requirements. Ensure that design development teams follow the Design Controls process and utilize appropriate quality engineering techniques such as risk analysis, statistical data analysis, sampling plan development, etc.
- Ensure external medical device development and manufacturing partners meet the standards and criteria set by CSL Behring. Support vendor management activities by participating in the audits; reviewing quality or development agreements; monitoring vendor performance.
- Provide regular progress reports and escalate potential risks related to Quality System and/or project status to Quality management and stakeholders.
- Assist with development and implementation of the quality system compliant with 21 CFR Part 4, MDR and other global requirements. As assigned, propose improvements to the existing processes, update SOPs / WIs / Forms, develop and conduct training on the modified processes.
- Stay abreast of changing regulatory requirements for medical device and combination products.
- Maintain systems / databases related to the combination products, as assigned. Examples may include Applicable Standards List, vendor certificate database, test method validation log.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering, life sciences or relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of experience as a quality, engineering or manufacturing professional in medical devices or combination products field. May consider candidates with pharmaceutical, biotech, medtech or other related background.
- The Quality Engineer should have a working knowledge of the medical device and combination product regulations and requirements, at a minimum, 21 CFR 820, 21 CFR Part 4, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, EU MDR, relevant FDA guidances, relevant standards and their application in a compliant QMS.
- The Quality Engineer should have minimum 2 years practical experience in medical devices R&D Quality: design controls, new product development life cycle, requirement specifications, risk management (including FMEA), validation / verification (V&V), usability / human factor studies, DHFs, design transfer.
- This role requires effective communication and collaboration skills.
- This role requires assertiveness.
- This role requires problem-solving skills to allow identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- This role requires planning / organization skills to allow prioritizing work activities and using time effectively.
- Experience with developing drug-delivery combination products is strongly preferred. Experience with products that include embedded software, mobile / web apps and other connected health solutions is a plus.
CSL Behring AG
Herr Talent Acquisition EMEA
- Talent Acquisition EMEA