Risk Management Trainee
Publication date:24 May 2023
Place of work:Genève
Risk Management Trainee
Location : Geneva
City : Genève
State : Genève (CH-GE)
Country : Switzerland (CH)
Requisition Number : 28244
Are you the new Risk Management Trainee at our office in Geneva? Bunge is a leading global agribusiness company, and we are seeking a dedicated trainee who is having a genuine curiosity about financial and energy markets!
Bunge’s Europe and Asia Traineeship Program is an 18-month program, designed for highly motivated people who have kickstarted their career within the last 2 years. Are you Passionate, Bold and Driven like us and are you ready to bring your skills and ideas to thrive in an international and crucial company? Join us, together with many other international trainees, in September 2023!
Through “hands-on” experience and outstanding rotational learning opportunities in our company across departments and offices, you will experience different aspects of your role and our business, you’ll build various skills and take part in projects and continuous improvement initiatives. Upon successful completion of the program, you will continue your career at Bunge in a full-time position that suits best with your career aspirations.
- Build an understanding of financial markets concepts, key drivers and quantitative modelling
- Build an understanding of industry best practice in risk management governance, framework and culture
- Develop an understanding of financial markets hedging strategies and an ability to constructively critique these
- Assist in risk assessments, conduct market data analysis as requested and prepare reports for senior management
- Monitor and analyze market dynamics, financial and commodity prices, and related news for potential risk exposure.
- Use programming knowledge in Python to enhance risk analysis, modelling, and reporting processes
- Collaborate with commercial traders and other departments to implement risk frameworks and analyze new business initiatives
- Participate actively in monitoring and improving risk management reporting platform and valuation tools
- Potential Rotations include Bunge Financial Markets, credit risk management and insurance teams. Subject to availability
- A 6-month project related to market risk subject
Finance | People & Comms | Legal & Procurement | Marketing and Business Dev. | Innovation | IT
Benefits of joining Bunge in our Traineeship
- On the job, virtual and classroom learning and development opportunities;
- 1-year access to Headspace (self-awareness and mental health App);
- Participate in a Mentoring Program;
- Work on real business challenges and gain exposure to cross-functional business experts and senior leadership;
- Gain field experience in Bunge locations and network with your team peers, program colleagues and our leaders.
- Be part of a multinational, extraordinary team of curious, entrepreneurs and innovative individuals.
- We offer a permanent position in Bunge at the start of the Traineeship Program.
What do you bring to the traineeship:
A recently completed education at Bachelor or Master level degree majoring in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other quantitative / engineering field.
- Intermediate level programming skills, preferably in Python
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent social skills and an eagerness to find solutions to complicated situations;
- You’re adaptable to change and passionate about continuous improvement;
- A strong motivation to learn, grow and develop as a team and individually;
- Excellent English language skills. Other languages are a benefit;
- The eagerness to consider work outside your home country based on company opportunities;
- Up to 2 years previous work experience and international exposure (through travels, study-aboard, etc.) is seen as an advantage.
What makes this role exciting?
You will have a key role in organization with colleagues around the world to reduce risk. We do this in an informal culture where improvement attitude is valued. With a constant need for innovation, a broad variety of challenges and development opportunities can support your long-term career at Bunge. We value and stimulate development through training, education and learning on the job with very expert colleagues. In This role, you will become a strong partner for meaningful company decisions.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated, we do not use agencies at this moment for our recruitment. Open proposals of candidates are at own risk.
Interested to join the program?
Apply now by hitting the "Apply” button. We are looking forward to seeing your CV and motivation in English.
In case of questions, please get in touch with Moomen Dabbousi (Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org).
What does the selection process look like?
- You apply for the role via job.bunge.com;
- After we’ve selected your application, one of our recruiters calls you for a first introduction;
- You interview (via teams or live) with your future manager and potentially other future colleague(s);
- We provide you with a case to prepare individually and present your outcome to the final selection committee. In parallel, you complete a Predictive Index behavioural test.
When you are selected, you will be presented with an offer to join our program starting early September 2023
We Are Bunge
Bunge is a global agribusiness with one mission – we connect farmers to consumers to deliver essential food, feed and fuel to the world. We have unmatched global scale and deeply rooted relationships which allow us to bring innovative ingredients and knowledge to some of the world’s biggest brands – many of which are likely in your home right now.
We know that to achieve our mission and deliver the best results to our customers, each other and the world we need to work together – so we hire talented people who are passionate, bold and driven to work as One Bunge. This dedication is deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in the way we work.
Every day our people exemplify these values, which represent Bunge at its core:
Act as One Team Drive for Excellence Do What’s Right
by fostering inclusion, by being agile by acting safely, ethically
collaboration and respect innovative and efficient and sustainably
If this sounds like you, join us! We value and invest in people who believe in our purpose and are excited to live it every day – people who are #ProudtoBeBunge.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Segment: Sustainability, Risk Management, Marketing Manager, Counseling, Recruiting, Energy, Finance, Marketing, Healthcare, Human Resources