BASEL OFFICE - IT Infrastructure Engineer II
Viking was founded in 1997 and provides destination-focused voyages on oceans, rivers and lakes around the world. Designed for experienced travelers with interests in science, history, culture and cuisine, Chairman Torstein Hagen often says Viking offers experiences for The Thinking Person®.
Viking has more than 250 awards to its name, including being rated #1 for Rivers, #1 for Oceans and #1 for Expeditions by Condé Nast Traveler and voted at the top of its categories by Travel + Leisure. No other cruise line has ever received these same honors by both publications at the same time.
Please note that we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland or in possession of a valid work permit.
• We are currently seeking an IT Systems Engineer II to join the Viking Technology team at our operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Operations (EMEA), you will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of our EMEA offices across multiple locations.
• Deploy and maintain Server, Storage & Network Solutions in Azure.
• Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards for quality and thoughtful design.
• Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
• Investigate and resolve second- and higher-level support requests from end-users by tracing data flows within and across systems in a timely manner.
• Configure cloud infrastructure components like networking and security services.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying hardware and server resources' integrity and availability.
• Verify the success of backup procedures in line with Viking Cruises IT policies.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other policies and procedures as instructed.
• Ensure all IT equipment is in good working condition, including PCs, printers, servers, and related hardware.
• Provide basic user training and support in the use of common and specialized software.
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all troubleshooting procedures.
• Collaborate with local teams in various locations to improve and implement various systems.
• Ensure data security within our offices.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
• Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks, leveraging resources and providing economies of scale.
• Contribute to service improvement.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Contribute to Service Improvement
• System Engineer certification in Microsoft and/or GNU/Linux, with emphasis on Azure
• Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer or Azure Architect would be a plus
• Experience in Automating infrastructure deployment
• Proficiency in Powershell scripting
• Certificate courses in various software, hardware and networking
• Expert for Windows Server and Windows Clients
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
• Five years or more of relevant experience working in a similar role
• Bachelor of IT degree (or equivalent) experience
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
• Unique combination of attention to detail, excellent organization skills, creativity and out of the box thinking with an analytical mindset
CULTURE & BENEFITS
• Fast-growing and dynamic environment, a modern workspace, flexible working hours
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via our website www.vikingcareers.com, including your CV in English and a one-page cover letter to introduce yourself and your interest for the role.
For more details about this position, contact Marta Pikusa under +41 61 638 60 11