Group Legal Counsel
Publication date:11 May 2023
Workload:80 – 100%
Place of work:Uzwil
Group Legal Counsel
temporary (31. December 2023), 80 - 100%
Start: Upon agreement
This position is a true corporate generalist role. The Senior Counsel will be responsible for executing a broad range of legal services focusing primarily on transactional services and other risk mitigation priorities as outlined by the General Counsel and others members of the management team.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender.
As a Group Legal Consuel you are responsible for:
- Advising the company on legal issues impacting the business
- Providing day-to-day legal advice and support to all business areas and support functions including labor law
- Providing legal advice regarding IT legal matters
- Providing legal advice regarding data protection and coordinating necessary steps on group level
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements and other business agreements as necessary.
- Identifying and resolving potential breaches of contract and compliance issues.
- Managing any significant litigation
- Participating in establishing and implementing training programs
- Supporting the General Counsel with respect to M&A activities
- 8+ years of corporate legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles, with a strong background in all facets of commercial law with experience in interfacing with internal and external partners, including external law firms
- Swiss bar examination
- German and English language fluency (written and oral) as well as experience in drafting documents in English
- Strong track record of contracts-related negotiating and drafting and process management
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.. The candidate must be comfortable in a global organization with diverse cultures and languages and confident dealing with all levels within the organization.
- Strong in-house experience, preferably gained in manufacturing.
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Ability to propose solutions in the face of ambiguous and unpredictable situations
- Career and personal development, Cross-cultural working environment, Flexitime, Employer-funded pension plan, Canteen, Parking area, Training, Employee benefits and discounts, Profit-sharing, Seniority bonus
- Cover letter, Resume, Transcripts, Letters of recommendation, Certifications
Bühler as an employer
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).
Questions? We're happy to help!