Chief Software Architect
Publication date:16 February 2023
Place of work:Basel
Chief Software Architect
The Straumann Group unites global reach, experience and innovation with passion and a commitment for uncompromising quality, making enhanced dental healthcare available and accessible to customers and patients around the globe. The group unites global and international brands that stand for excellence, innovation and quality, including Straumann, Neodent, Anthogyr, Medentika, ClearCorrect, Dental Wings and other fully- or partly owned companies and partners.
With more than 10,000 employees worldwide, the Group develops, manufactures and supplies dental implants, instruments, biomaterials, CADCAM prosthetics, digital equipment, software, and clear aligners for applications in replacement, restorative, orthodontic and preventive dentistry. As a total solution provider, we take a holistic approach, offering training, support and a wide range of services to dental practitioners, clinics and laboratories all over the world. Straumann is one of the leading dental technology companies in the world and is investing significantly in digital dentistry.
People and culture are the Straumann Group’s greatest assets; they are the keys to high performance and sustainable success. We strive for a culture that builds trust and collaboration, fosters diversity, embraces change, promotes agility, learning and innovation, creates opportunities, allows people to make mistakes and encourages them to take both responsibility and ownership. The fundamental driver of our culture is the player-learner mindset, which we seek to inspire and nurture in every employee.
CTO Office – Digital Dental Platform
The CTO office of Straumann group focuses on developing the software and digital capability of the company as well as establishing the company’s digital platform as basis for clinical and operational applications and services. The team drives software strategy across all businesses and functions of the group as well as providing software development services to the company from its global software development centers.
The Chief Software Architect is responsible for leading the architecture and software design of the digital dental platform. This includes defining the technology vision and development direction, creating and implementing software architecture, and ensuring the quality and reliability of the software in accordance to stakeholder requirements. Developing and leading the community of software architects, technical harmonization and architecture guidance of other software product teams across Straumann group is the second broad responsibility of the role.
The Chief Software Architect reports directly to the Group CTO. This is a highly collaborative role that works directly with internal and external software development teams contributing to digital dental platform of Straumann group as well as the developer community in other software product lines and the data and tech functions. The role is global in scope, based in Basel, Switzerland.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop the technology vision long-term strategies and roadmaps in all architecture disciplines to meet business goals and related IT requirements for the digital dental platform together with platform product management and stakeholders across the organization.
- Lead the software architecture and technical design of our digital dental platform working with architects in all core platform development teams across the world.
- Design and implement a technology governance framework for the digital dental platform of Straumann group to ensure proper development of platform based applications and services
- Develop and implement the software technology strategy and software architecture framework for all products in Straumann group in collaboration with the product teams
- Develop and maintain architecture blueprint for identified portfolio of business applications related to a value stream or a set of business or technology capabilities .
- Guide software development teams across Straumann group on the technical adoption and integration with the digital dental platform
- Direct software innovation management by identifying emerging technologies, standards and potential technology partners and explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives to management and other stakeholders in order to further the group software capability
- Participate in discussions with major technology providers and partners.
- Contribute to the definition and iterative improvement of our platform development process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Minimum 10 years professional work experience in software development / architecture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and proven success in an architecture leadership position.
- Extensive experience managing architecture in complex projects with multiple diverse stakeholders
- Extensive experience with Cloud based applications and modern web technology
- Experienced in modern lean-agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of digital solutions in dentistry is a significant asset as well as relevant professional experience in the medtech sector.
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
- Comfortable with up to 20% travel
Personal Attributes and Cultural Fit
- Tech-savvy team player and problem-solver with can-do spirit and a hands-on approach on software architecture and software development
- Customer centric oriented towards generating value through applying technology mastership
- Excellent technology expert and strategic thinker with proven execution abilities
- Builds trust and collaborates easily with a diverse set of stakeholders across business units and regions in a matrix environment
- Demonstrates strong influencing and negotiation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Employment Type: Full Time
Alternative Locations: Switzerland : Basel
Travel Percentage: 0 - 20%
Requisition ID: 8942