Human Resources Partner
Human Resources Partner
Switzerland Global Support Office
Provide strategic and operational support to managers and employees during the Employee Life Cycle from joining to leaving Medair. Responsibility includes, but is not limited to, advising on application of HR policies and practices, contributing to staff induction, employee relations, performance and talent management, training and development, compensation and benefits as well as retention.
The HR Partner works closely with the Recruitment and HR Marketing & Communication teams to meet staffing needs in Medair and supports the HR Partners in other areas of expertise in the design and implementation of strategies, standards, tools and processes across Medair.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Medair GSO (Global Support Office), Lausanne, Switzerland. Up to 8 weeks national and international travel will be required.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
September 2019. Full time, 12 months.
- Be a strategic partner for the Country or Department Directors and line-managers in HRM, provide advice and coaching when needed. Promote Medair’s culture and values.
- Have regular meetings with relevant managers and management teams. For country programs, visit each country program at least once a year.
- Ensure information concerning staff and work relationships is managed in a confidential manner and advocate confidentiality of information among staff and management.
- Remain up to date on organisational and department or program strategy and the context of country programs, as well as working- and living conditions of staff.
- Work closely with the HR Administration team to ensure on-boarding requirements are met before deployment, and payroll requirements are met in a timely manner: On-Boarding, Employment life cycle administration, Off-boarding, Payroll and Benefits.
- Ensure records are complete and managed in line with GDPR regulations and Medair’s policies.
- Support the design and implementation of Staff Well-being strategy, tools and processes.
- Coach staff to assume responsibility for their personal wellbeing. Facilitate staff well-being initiatives.
- Encourage and advice on the possibility of psychological debriefing following a critical incident and refer to the MHPSS / Staff Well-being Specialist if required. Be available for crisis management support.
- Act as family liaison officer for families of staff involved in a crisis.
- Maintaining a safe work environment, and in applying disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Ensure procedures are followed and records are kept accordingly with Medair guidelines and legal context.
- Support investigations into staff misconduct through reporting, investigations or disciplinary action.
Learning and Development
- Support the design and implementation in the organisation of L&D strategy, tools and processes.
- Participate and lead in training and team building of new starters and staff, through GSO induction.
- Work with line managers to identify learning of teams and staff and collaborate with the L&D specialist.
Recruitment and Talent management
- Collaborate with Talent and Recruitment teams on succession plans and career paths and advising staff.
- Facilitate issuing recruitment requests with Job Descriptions to the Recruitment specialists.
- Contribute to ROC delivery, as interviewer and being on rota for ROC Coordinator and ROC Support.
- Participate and give regular inputs on Talent pipeline reviews following identification.
- Advocate and advice on deploying the use of a skill matrix across own portfolio as a support for individual and team development and training plans.
- Support change management in HR and the organisation.
- Continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the HRM and stakeholders.
- Lead and collaborate on assigned HR projects, track progress and deliver outputs on schedule.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair in work and conduct towards team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Provide spiritual input to leadership and staff, especially during field visits.
- Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team and office, including devotions, prayers, and words and acts of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary
- Bachelor degree in HR, or equivalent education.
- Swiss HR Administration certification/ Other HR certification.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). Must have sufficient level of French to effectively serve our francophone countries.
Swiss Global Support Office - profiles & benefits, 3 questions, & FAQ
- Must be willing to visit high risk locations, with field visits at least twice a year for one or two weeks.
- Knowledge of social benefits, payroll and labour laws, particularly for HR of GSO knowledge of Swiss laws.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment, working experience with an HR information system.
- Good customer service skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills. Ability to coach, train and provide pastoral care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work within a multicultural team.
- Sensitive to cultural differences in behavior and communication.