Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,400 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the Private Markets Middle Office Team Leader role.
Private Markets Middle Office Team Leader
Overview of Role
You will be part of the Securities Operations team in the Wealth Management division at Rothschild & Co in Zurich. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for the administration and middle office processes of Private Market Funds (private equity and private debt) in Switzerland. Your varied functions include the review of fund commitment documents, fund nominee set up, operational fund set up, placing fund commitments, processing capital calls & distributions, fund client reporting, post-sale activities and portfolio explanations to Client Advisers. You will be interacting with a variety of internal teams and external stakeholders including Legal, Client Advisers, Private Markets Group, fund general partners, fund management companies, depositaries, etc. As the team leader you will have managerial responsibility for two or more team members.
- Review of Private Market fund commitment documentation to place aggregated commitments on a nominee basis
- Technical and functional setup of newly launched products in the banking system
- Manage various processes to ensure data completeness and accuracy with the different internal and external stakeholders
- Reflection of Private Market fund related cash and securities flows (e.g. capital calls, temporary and permanent distributions, temporary repayments, etc.), mainly based on PDF notifications.
- NAV updates and value reflection of held Private Market assets
- Processing of corporate actions and proxy voting
- Maintenance and optimization of Private Market related workflows and reporting on the core banking platform
- Contribute to product related projects, e.g. enhanced reporting, integration of a custodian interface
- Provide trainings and guidance across the organization
- You will have managerial responsibility for two or more team members
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in accounting, business administration or finance
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- A minimum of 5 years banking experience in the operational area
- Understanding of private equity/debt
- Well organised and energetic person
- Self-motivated and proactive individual that has the desire to learn and succeed
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties
- Fluent in English – other languages (German/French) are beneficial
- Experience in a private market firm is beneficial
- Rothschild & Co is committed to safeguarding and enhancing the health and wellbeing of all its employees. To support this, Rothschild & Co provides all employees with a range of healthcare services and benefits that aim to support their overall wellbeing
- We are conducive to creating a working environment and culture where people can succeed
- We provide a variety of inhouse trainings, as well as tuition assistance for further education and training courses
- Everyone can choose to incorporate agile working principles into their working week
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.
Rothschild & Co Bank AG
Herr Mathias Althaus
HR Business Partner