UX/UI Designer and Frontend
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services.
lm group is looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to become part of our cruises team.
We are searching for a person with a solid knowledge of the design process and experience in designing for different platforms and touchpoints.
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll work on core platform projects and you’ll have exposure to the full breadth of the business to deliver traveller-centric solutions. You are expected to have a holistic view, incorporating user needs, business goals, and technical constraints to design meaningful experiences to the highest standards embodied by the lastminute.com brand.
As a member of the Experience Design team, you will work in a collaborative environment, using a mix of design thinking and agile methodologies. You’ll partner with researchers, copywriters, developers, business analysts and product owners to improve existing products and bring new ideas to life.
It is a once-in-a-lifetime challenge to create an experience used by thousands of people every day.
As UX/UI Designer you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in cross-functional product team by applying your craft: conceptual design, wireframing and UI prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and followup on the implementation.
- Partner with designers, researchers, copywriters, developers, product owners, and business analysts.
- Solve complex problems by applying systematic thinking.
- Have a holistic view of the whole experience and ensure it will be seamless and consistent at every touchpoint.
- Design meaningful mobile and web experiences taking into consideration user and business needs.
- Conduct user research and usability tests.
- Gather requirements, create strategic proposals and champion new ideas to stakeholders.
- Able to communicate ideas through sketches, wireframes and mock-ups, all the way down to pixel-perfect design as needed.
- Experience with accessibility best practices.
- Capable of speaking the development language and following agile principles.
- Significant experience working on large products across different platforms and touchpoints.
- Solid understanding of UX principles and how to apply them.
- Experience in Sketch/Figma or equivalent prototyping tools.
- User-centred design approach.
- Expertise in building and maintaining Design Systems.
- Advocate for the customer and have a long track record of applying data and user research insights to your design.
- Collaborative mindset. You thrive in cross-functional environments and have worked with leadership, product, engineering and marketing to craft innovative experiences.
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges.
- Fluency in English and Ialian
What we offer
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Receive a voucher after some years in the company
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave according to local laws
- Welfare platform (Corporate Benefits) where you will find dedicated discounts with more than 1500 partners