Field Application/Technical Support Engineer - Energy/ Natural Gas
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Job Term: Full-Time
Picarro is looking for a customer-facing Field Application Engineer(FAE)/Technical Support Engineer to become a key member of our Energy team in Switzerland and contribute to the development in Europe.
She/He will have a hands-on approach, a strong technical acuity, and a willingness to drive customer satisfaction. This person will be responsible for providing technical support, reparation, and maintenance on equipment, answering customers' requirements and issues, and supporting post sales activity with major utility companies. She/He will also interface with new customers to organize and carry out field demonstrations and fields trials using Picarro's flagship products at customer sites.
Field Application Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Picarro FAE team services our natural gas utility customers providing high quality customer support both on-site and remotely. The FAE will be primary technical support champion for the team and customers.
The primary responsibilities of the FAE are to provide technical support and support Picarro customers with their field organization. The FAE supports customers' install base and develops a broad understanding of customer requirements and concerns, positions and adapts the capabilities of Picarro's Natural Gas Asset Management solutions. The candidate will be trained to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the system technology and the ability to adapt the functionalities to the customer business case.
- Responsible for the installation and testing of the Picarro system for enterprise customers on system deployments.
- Respond to technical support requests and technical questions, fix technical issues (hardware and software) remotely or onsite.
- Provide a comprehensive diagnose of the system through remote diagnosis and debugging.
- Manage spare inventory and related logistics activities.
- Co-manage spare inventory with logistics specialist.
- Support on-site customer projects, operating Picarro systems.
- Address field questions and respond appropriately by providing detailed technical answers along with technical documentation as required.
- Log customer issues and track resolutions.
- Perform quality control of operations and ensure process and procedures are maintained.
- Develop strong customer relationships with key accounts.
- Create data deliverables (reports, dashboards) for customer applications.
- Provide training and provide documentation for Support Level 1 and Support Level 2
- Manage the periodic maintenance of the Picarro systems.
- Upon circumstances, providing customer support might be required during evenings (2pm-10pm).
Desired Skills and Experiences:
Field application engineers need a wide range of skills and a solid technical base. Because field application engineers provide technical support, they must be able to summarize and communicate issues in a synthetic manner and share them at various levels of the organization. They also must be familiar with technical product specifications and be able to point out the specific technical merits of our solution. Customer relationship skills are critically important in this role. Because customers want to be assured that the technology is reliable, the field application engineer must be able to back up technical claims.
- Field experience or hands-on practice or knowledge of multi-disciplinary system design and development (systems such as electrical, electronics, computerized, mechanical, optical or a combination of these).
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Good knowledge and understanding of system engineering process, engineering designs and control systems.
- The ability to travel to customer sites (essentially UK, Germany, Italy) on short notice is required.
- Comfortable in dealing with complex, abstract, or vague problems. Analytical skills to apprehend complex figurations with multiple failure causes.
- Strong skills in organization, timely delivery and independence are required.
- Clean, detailed, and clear documentation practitioner.
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- Be proactive as a customer advocate, looking for and solving problems before they surface.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented team player with a "make it happen" attitude and drive for success in a fast-paced environment. Ability and affinity to respond quickly.
- Energetic, highly motivated, unmatched drive and strong ability to influence others.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
- English & German: full proficiency - Required
- French and/or Italian - an Asset