Publication date:13 March 2023
Place of work:Genève
BUNGE has an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Counsel. In this role, you will support the business activities and industrial operations across Europe and provide advice and support in several areas of the law. You will have strong focus on procurement and capex work and other work relating to the industrial operations of Bunge throughout the EU, such as corporate law commercial contracts, environmental law, regulatory, EU legislation, and any other areas as required. The successful candidate will also gain increasing exposure to complex projects essential to the daily running of Bunge’s core commercial operations in coordination with other regional and local members of the Legal team.
“Since 1818, Bunge has been connecting farmers to consumers to deliver essential food, feed, and fuel to the world. Looking to the future, our ambition is to continuously reinvent ourselves, leveraging data to be at the forefront of analytics, technology and talent to accomplish our purpose in a better, faster and simpler way. Bunge is committed to operating and thriving in the digital world – creating world class agile teams where teammates are empowered and encouraged to collaborate and test and learn to succeed.”
Note: Y ou are ideally located in or willing to relocate to Barcelona (Spain) or Geneva (Switzerland) to obtain this job. Other EU locations where Bunge is present might be considered for the right candidate.
More on the Legal Counsel:
- Provide legal support generally to the commercial and industrial teams in Europe, with particular (but not exclusive) focus on:
- Drafting of a wide variety of documents and contracts (including procurement, construction, sale and purchase agreements and other ancillary documentation such as RFQs, NDAs, term sheets etc.).
- Provision of general legal advice and guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Response to day-to-day queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishing and managing relationship with external counsel and other services providers (including engagement letters, invoices and setting up matters on Bunge’s matter management system),
- Interaction with various other external stakeholders (e.g. counterparty counsel, environmental authorities etc) as directed and/or requested.
- In general, the efficient management of the legal risks arising out Bunge’s activities.
- Particular emphasis is placed on drafting and verbal skills in the English language.
- Work closely with the relevant Legal and business teams in order to building up relationships and gain understanding of the business, legal issues, challenges and opportunities, key customers, competitors and suppliers.
- Support the Legal team with the management of pre-litigation resolution of commercial disputes and settlements as well as court or arbitration management.
- Assisting the Legal team with the analysis and implementation of applicable regulations and EU legislation.
- Support with the internal reporting on litigation, projects, cost management and major issues/matters as and when requested.
We are looking for different skills in our ideal candidate:
- Degree in Law with experience in Common Law.
- Qualified lawyer in England & Wales preferable. Qualification in another European jurisdiction will be considered, depending on relevant experience.
- +/- 4 years’ experience in an international law firm and / or as an in-house counsel in a multinational corporation with exposure to international / multi-jurisdiction work, preferably (but not essential, depending on skills and expertise) in the field of procurement and construction, industrial operations and/or agri and food business.
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken, written and professional) is a must. Working knowledge of other European languages is desirable (in particular Spanish, Italian, French and / or German).
- Experience gained by providing legal support to commercial business activities having their own production (particularly in the field of Agribusiness and/or FMCG) is advantageous but not essential.
At Bunge, people don’t just come here to work, they come here to grow – solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers.
If this description reflects your profile or ambition, we’re looking forward to seeing your application and motivation in English by hitting apply!
In case of questions, please reach out to Aitor Alonso (Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated, we do not use agencies at this moment for our recruitment. Open proposals of candidates are at own risk.
We Are Bunge
Bunge is a global agribusiness with one mission – we connect farmers to consumers to deliver essential food, feed and fuel to the world. We have unmatched global scale and deeply rooted relationships which allow us to bring innovative ingredients and knowledge to some of the world’s biggest brands – many of which are likely in your home right now.
We know that to achieve our mission and deliver the best results to our customers, each other and the world we need to work together – so we hire talented people who are passionate, bold and driven to work as One Bunge. This dedication is deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in the way we work.
Every day our people exemplify these values, which represent Bunge at its core:
Act as One Team
by fostering inclusion,
collaboration and respect
Drive for Excellence
by being agile innovative and efficient
Do What’s Right
by acting safely, ethically and sustainably
If this sounds like you, join us! We value and invest in people who believe in our purpose and are excited to live it every day – people who are #ProudtoBeBunge.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Segment: Law, Agricultural, Agribusiness, Recruiting, Procurement, Legal, Agriculture, Human Resources, Operations