8 Care professional job offers
Onsite Scientist PET Physics
Onsite Scientist PET Physics
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our team in Switzerland as Onsite Scientist PET Physics to enhance our research in collaboration with Insel Hospital in Berne.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Based directly at the Insel Hospital in Berne as onsite scientist, you will support and develop multi-disciplinary research projects in the field of positron emission tomography (PET).
- You will participate in publication of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
- You will support data acquisition and data analysis on PET/CT scanners for phantom and patient studies.
- You will support the development of innovative software for PET data improvement, design, implementation and optimization of image reconstruction algorithms (both analytical and statistical), as well as image processing methods.
- You will support clinical data analysis with advanced statistical methods.
- Possible research topics may include automated quality control, preliminary physics measurements and reconstruction, AI-based attenuation and motion correction, parametric PET across tracers, simultaneous organ imaging and ultra-low dose imaging.
- You may travel both, internationally and domestically for scientific visits and conferences.
The position is foreseen for a duration of 2 years. The person is employed with Siemens Healthineers as onsite researcher based at Insel Hospital in Berne. The recruitment for this position will be performed in cooperation with Insel Hospital.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de-ch/molecular-imaging
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a Ph.D. in physics, electrical, nuclear, biomedical engineering or related field.
- You gained experience in a research environment in one of these fields: PET, SPECT, radiation physics, nuclear physics, particle physics, or related field.
- You are experienced in multiple programming languages.
- You have gained experience in artificial intelligence, neural networks, and related topics.
Your attributes and skills:
- As a person you are detail-oriented and organized, with excellent communication skills.
- You show an outstanding ability to work independently, you are creative, and you have the ability to overcome obstacles.
- You are used to work highly independently, but nevertheless have the ability to integrate into a local team and stay in touch with globally distributed departments.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de-ch/about
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +41(0) 79 547 94 34, if you wish to discuss any initial questions. The contact person handling this job ad is Daniela Antoni.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
The recruitment for this position in specific will be performed together with the responsible person from Insel Hospital which makes it necessary to share the application documentation with the respective person involved from Insel Hospital.
To recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time