Cloud Security (Senior-) Consultant
EY (Ernst & Young AG)Zurich, Berne, Basel
Publication date:10 November 2022
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Cloud Security (Senior-) Consultant
As a Cloud Security Consultant, you will gain key insights into how EY supports their clients with their cloud transformation and to take the burden of security, risk as well as compliance out of their cloud journey.
You will act as an advisor to senior stakeholders to assess, design, and implement cloud security controls to harden our clients cloud security posture. This enables them to focus on their core business, to safely adopt new technologies and to mitigate potential cloud related challenges like data residency, secure configuration, and workload protection.
EY's Cloud Security Team is part of Technology Consulting's overarching Cybersecurity Team. A willingness to learn cyber topics and to support cyber projects, as required, is expected.
The Cybersecurity and Cloud Security team is a rapidly growing team of diverse and passionate consultants striving to make a meaningful impact for our clients.
As part of Technology Consulting, the team works across the broader consulting practice at EY to bring together key business and technology concepts to enable our clients to meet their strategic, tactical, and operational objectives.
Your key responsibilities
- Become familiar with key Cloud Security topics, such as cloud security governance, cloud data protection, cloud security posture management, and cloud compliance.
- Assist our clients in understanding their cloud threat landscape by assessing the current state, identify potential risks and provide recommendations.
- Identify cloud relevant rules and policies to enhance cloud data security, manage risk, and enable the smooth operation of cloud systems.
- Optimize and automate cloud methodologies, processes, and models used to protect stored and moving data in the cloud.
- Design and implement cloud security frameworks, processes, tools, and architecture to protect data and applications processed the cloud
- Actively participate and/or lead client workshops on the topic of Cloud Security
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in IT / Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or similar
- A passion for advising and collaborating with clients to solve complex problems and a willingness to learn new topics (e.g., cloud security, security architecture, etc.)
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of cloud delivery, security, and deployment models for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of key cloud security standards (e.g., NIST, CIS, ISO, CSA STAR)
- Relevant security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM)
- Relevant cloud certifications (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
What we look for
- Fluency in English is mandatory, while German and French would be considered a plus
- Strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking a proactive role in engagements
- Readiness for work assignments on site at our clients
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an innovative spirit
- Motivated, ambitious, and self-driven personality
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position (ID: 1179184) online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Write an email / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY (Ernst & Young AG)