Senior Engineer Tolerances / Spezialist Toleranzmanagement
SHL Medical AG
Publication date:15 May 2023
Place of work:Zug
The position of the Senior Engineer Tolerances will be responsible for our Tolerance Analysis system and tool. The role owns the global support in operations including the lead of our global experts. In case of tool improvement, this role will support the planning, realization, training deployment and tracking of such. The jobholder evaluates user feedback, proposes further fields of optimization and outlines initial concepts along with further detailing of solutions.
Senior Engineer Tolerances / Toleranzmanagement
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
The mission of SHL’s Systems Engineering team is to define and to support globally aligned methods (applied and conceptional) in our product development and to support and train them. The position of the Senior Engineer Tolerances will be responsible for our Tolerance Analysis system and tool. The role owns the global support in operations including the lead of our global experts. In case of tool improvement, this role will support the planning, realization, training deployment and tracking of such. The jobholder evaluates user feedback, proposes further fields of optimization and outlines initial concepts along with further detailing of solutions. For these activities the jobholder will work closely together with the Process Owners of several disciplines (Requirements, Design, Risk and Testing and Simulation). This is a key role in successfully bridging global engineering method governance and local end users. The Role is responsible for the future vision for Tolerance Analysis with the aim of a) functional product, and b) stable. effective processes (little rejects) at realistic process capabilities.
- Business Owner in Tolerance Analysis
- Business Owner ISO GPS System Method
- Responsible for the methodology, work instructions, guidelines and templates
- Act as interface between key users / end users and Process Owners
- Owns the support and lead key users
- Take part in global improvement projects
- Create and maintain user documentation and process maps
- Complement and maintain tolerance analysis knowledge hub and derive trainings
- Design and conduct regular training for employees and suppliers, as well as key users and end users
- Conduct 2nd level support for incidents and troubleshooting
Skills and Qualification
- 5+ years of experience in state-of-the-art Tolerance Analysis - a plus if for mass/large scale production
- Sound knowledge in math, statistics, mechanical engineering, manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Biomedical Engineering a plus
- CAD experience, preferably in SolidWorks
- Experience in quality control and in injection molding
- Experience from medical device industry as a plus
- Experience in Model-based Definition as a plus
- Project management and partner relationship management experience
- (IT-)technical understanding in translating business needs in processes, systems and data
- Analytical thinking in splitting up complex issues
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative globalized environment with development, engineering, and manufacturing teams
- Open-minded, proactive, persistent, results- and execution-oriented personality
- Ability to work in a changing, fast-growing environment
- Fluent in English language, German would be a plus
- A company culture with Focus on Customer, Operate with Ethics and Integrity, Drive Simplicity, Learn and Improve, & Deliver Together.
- A multicultural team and modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies.
- Challenging assignments in a fast growing and innovative industry.
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization.
- Flexible hours and hybrid working policy.
- Centrally located office in Zug, very close to the train station.
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents via the Easy Apply button or directly to E-Mail schreiben.
For more information on SHL Medical, please visit: linkedin.com/company/shlmedical/life
Is this not quite what you are looking for? Further interesting career opportunities can be found on: shl-medical.com/careers
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
SHL Medical AG
Frau Eliane Lehner
+41 41 368 00 73
- Eliane Lehner
SHL Medical AG