Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
You are responsible for carrying out work related to the manufacture of furniture in the workshops or the interior installation of aircraft cabins in compliance with budget, safety, quality, and on-time delivery objectives.
As Cabinet Maker you perform removal, adjustment, repair, modification, reinstallation and support testing of aircraft cabin monuments and cabin system parts, for both VIP Cabin outfitting and OEM components, in a live aircraft environment under Part 145 working requirements.
- Installs, trims, adjusts, removes cabin monuments and components as instructed by his/her supervisor IAW approved Engineering documentation
- Performs tasks associated with cabinets, valences, ceiling panels, seats, décor panels, floorboards, window shades, soundproofing, air conditioning and basic A/C parts
- Performs work to defined practices and documentation IAW airworthiness standards
- Actively controls discipline regards to work sign off and tool control, and manages workload, quality and non-conformity reporting IAW company practices
- Works actively and in good intelligence within the A/C Team to high cleanliness standards and strict schedules
- Full familiarity with aircraft working regulations in a P145 environment, including work clearances, torque loading, fastener locking, inspection, sealing, installing inserts, EWIS requirement, etc
- Performs installations in accordance with appropriate documentation (task cards, drawings)
- Works according to Jet Aviation procedures, technical instructions, and aviation regulations
- Performs minor and major repairs
- responsible for own work quality, timely completion, and performance
- Achieves target sets by his/her supervisor
- Assures professional standard
- Controls individual tools
- Keeps his/her work area (A/C, bench) clean
- Supports continuous improvement actions
- Knows how to read an installation drawing and accurately extract data from 3D models
- Handles aeronautic materials and use appropriate tools
- Experience in aviation industry
- Cabinet maker apprenticeship with appropriate educational qualifications or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-year experience in aviation industry
If you are interested in a multicultural, challenging and innovative working environment and your profile matches our requirements, we are looking forward to receiving your online application in English.