Data Solution Architect
Publication date:23 March 2023
Workload:80 – 100%
Place of work:Zürich
Data Solution Architect
The LOOP Zurich is a medical center for translational research and precision medicine. It focuses on new approaches, better diagnostics, and novel therapies that benefit patients and society. The goal is to enhance personalized healthcare by efficiently transferring scientific knowledge into medical practice.
As part of its strategy, The LOOP Zurich is developing an IT research platform between the major Zurich hospitals and academic partners (University of Zurich and ETHZ) of strategic importance to the Zurich medical research ecosystem. The platform will allow for translational data-driven research involving routine clinical data. It is an integral part of The LOOP Zurich's precision medicine vision and aims to be compatible with national and international biomedical data-sharing initiatives.
The LOOP Zurich is looking for you - a motivated Data Solution Architect who will drive the design of a next-generation data integration platform connecting the four hospitals and the academic partners. You are responsible for the design of solution architectures for data-driven projects. Furthermore, you are part of a dynamic team and in close cooperation with employees and stakeholders at four Zurich University hospitals, as well as representatives of the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich. You actively and directly ensure the implementation of future-proof platform architectures and state-of-the-art technologies. In doing so, you contribute to the successful digital transformation of hospitals in Zurich.
- Assess current technical capabilities at stakeholder Data & IT systems in cooperation with the partners' architecture/IT teams
- Closely collaborate with the project management team and stakeholders to design and plan the solution architecture of The LOOP BMIP Data platform
- Management and technical management of the "LOOP BMIP Data platform", continuous synchronization with ongoing architecture developments at the partners' Data & IT systems interfacing the BMIP data platform
- Implementation and promotion of data platforms, transformative data processes, and services
- Maintenance and further development of the technological platform capabilities, including lifecycle and roadmap planning
- Development, coordination, and implementation of principles, guidelines, and standards
- Maintain contact with the stakeholders for the transformation and further development of the data platform landscape
- Provide advisory support for the BMIP Project management and leadership and cooperate with these bodies
- At least five years of professional experience, of which:
- At least two years of experience as a solution architect in the field of data platforms
- At least two years of management and project experience in a complex company and/or a management consultancy on relevant topics
- Experience in solution architecture, conception, implementation, and introduction of data-driven products and services
- Experience in stakeholder management in heterogeneous business/technology organizations
- Experience in the development and implementation of IT/digitization/architecture strategies
- Experience in the development, coordination, and maintenance of solution architecture models
- Knowledge of reference architectures, especially concerning integrated, data-driven landscapes and solutions, and
- Knowledge of agile project management and methods is beneficial (e.g., Scrum, SAFe).
- Knowledge of medical / health data research regulations (namely the Human Research Act and Ordinances) is advantageous.
- Good knowledge of German is beneficial, and excellent command of English is essential.
We offer you freedom for ideas and the opportunity to use your experience and expertise effectively to contribute to and promote the LOOP BIMP Data Platform by
- Active participation in the highly complex IT landscape
- A responsible and varied job
- A motivated and committed team that values mutual support, appreciation, and respect
- An innovative, interdisciplinary, and highly specialized work environment
We value diversity
Curious? So are we.
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Dr Jens Selige and Prof. Dr Gunnar Rätsch will be happy to provide you with further informationWrite an email, Write an email).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
About ETH Zürich