SAP Basis Consultant (80-100%)
ABB Schweiz AGBaden-Dättwil / Aargau
Publication date:12 January 2023
Workload:80 – 100%
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As SAP Basis Consultant you will be responsible for multiple aspects of our SAP landscape, mainly covering the Architecture, future Strategy, Performance and Optimization Potentials as-well as Project related activities. You will work closely together with other Members of our local SAP Operations Team, with the corresponding Applications Owners and with Stakeholders in Business to align on Demands and Technical Strategies.
You should have a very good knowledge of the Basis Configuration of SAP-Systems as-well as of Client Copy/Refresh activities, Management and Handling of Transports, Interfaces (RFC, EDI, …), Printer-Management, Performance Tunings and Monitoring. Should also have several experiences in installations, upgrades, applying support packages and add-on installations. Also desirable knowledge on database standards and practices in SAP environment, particularly DB2 LUW , MaxDB and HANA. In addition, you must have experience in working together with external support partners and Business stakeholders and also be able to coordinate activities together with different parties.
SAP Basis Consultant (80-100%)
- Provide leadership in all aspects of the SAP Basis administration and technical core competencies for SAP system architecture recommendations and building technical roadmap in S/4 HANA and ecosystem including integrated solutions (Concur, Content server, OpenText, ADS, Ariba/CIG etc.)
- Review SAP Basis strategies and processes and improve efficiencies aligning with Business initiatives.
- Review current landscape, propose possible enhancements, best practice standards and business cases for any improvements and cost savings
- SAP technical architecture design of existing and new technologies in global or local SAP implementations.
- Defines and creates standards, guidelines, quality of service criteria for enabling, implementing and supporting existing and new SAP landscapes and bolt on environment.
- Maintaining an understanding of current technologies their trends, business strategies and capabilities.
- Drive outsourced technical partner in the ongoing support of operation environments to maximize operational efficiency and enrich end user experience.
- Accountable for regular performance review and reporting of all SAP systems.
- Review and if required resolve conflicts during automated transports and change management using RevTrac(preferred), ChaRM.
- Evaluate, test and provide recommendations for new tools for enterprise SAP administration and performance management.
- Provide project management and oversight of SAP Basis relevant projects.
- Considered SME in technical discipline; mentors and guides internal and external resources in the use of procedures and standards.
- 7+ years of experience in SAP Basis administration both ABAP and Java Stack including database environment on IBM DB2 LUW, MaxDB, MS SQL, HANA.
- Prior experience in ECC 6.0, Solution Manager 7.2, Portal, SAP BW, GRC 10.0, SAP TDMS is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP TDMS for System refreshes or similar
- Knowledge of Rev-Trac for Transport Management or similar
- Good understanding of bolt-on and support technologies such as OpenText, SAP Content server, SAP Gateway and SAP FIORI.
- Solid experience in large cross-functional teams and flexibility to influence people at management levels
- Demonstrated track record of working across different technology towers to resolve cross application related business issues.
- SAP Certification related to SAP Basis is preferred.
- Knowledge about SAP Cloud Platform and services is desired.
More about us
ABB Motion keeps the world turning - while saving energy every day. We innovate and push the boundaries of technology to enable the low-carbon future for customers, industries and societies. With our digitally enabled drives, motors and services our customers and partners achieve better performance, safety and reliability. We offer a combination of domain expertise and technology to deliver the optimum drive and motor solution for a wide range of applications in all industrial segments. Through our global presence we are always close to serve our customers. Building on over 130 years of cumulative experience in electric powertrains, we learn and improve every day.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Nathalie Bierschenk, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
Publication ID: CH84694398_E1
ABB Schweiz AG