Are you passionate about transforming data into captivating, impactful content? Do you possess a unique blend of analytical skills and design expertise? Are you a skilled communicator who can turn research insights into compelling visuals and written narratives? Do you want to channel your drive and enthusiasm into a rewarding career in sustainable finance? Do you want to work at a company where your contribution has a real, measurable impact – and you are rewarded for it?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then this might be the perfect role for you!
As our new Data analyst, content marketing, you will play a crucial role in driving RepRisk’s content strategy by leveraging data insights to help clients, prospects, and other stakeholders in the finance industry understand ESG data as it applies to investment strategies, risk management, and compliance processes. You will be part of our global Marketing and Communications team and the broader Sales & Marketing division, reporting to our Senior Project Manager, Marketing Communications in Toronto. Your role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Data analysis: Mine and analyze RepRisk’s extensive ESG risk dataset with the aim of providing insights to financial industry professionals, media, and others, on relevant topics, from human rights issues to greenwashing insights.
- Content creation: Support RepRisk’s content marketing agenda and execute it with the aim of publishing a range of high-quality research reports, white papers, and case studies positioning RepRisk as a thought leader in the ESG and technology spaces.
- Collaboration: Work closely with our Products, Quantitative Investments, and Business Development teams to identify relevant topics, develop content, and publish results.
- Market research: Proactively identify research and content by industry participants, including competitors, NGO’s, and academia in the sustainable finance space, to ensure RepRisk’s agenda and publications address relevant challenges and meet industry standards.
- Skill development: Continuously improve your own data analysis capabilities and help promote and democratize data analytics at RepRisk by configuring data dashboards and visualizations using data analytics tools.
- Bachelor or Master degree in data analytics, data science, finance, applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, natural or social sciences, or engineering
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a data analyst or analytical researcher role focused on content and report generation, preferably in the financial industry
- Experience in programming languages for data analytics (Python or R) and database languages (SQL)
- Familiarity with analyzing datasets from various sources and accurately consolidating and processing data by applying relevant methodologies, processes, and systems
- Experience in data visualization; experience working with Tableau, Highcharts, and/or other data visualization software preferred
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing capabilities
- A team player who loves to work in a highly diverse team and across functions
- Reliability, curiosity, open-mindedness and a goals-oriented work ethic
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and a pioneer in the ESG data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world – we are driving positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information and identify environmental, social, and governance risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements.
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment.
- A shared mission to drive accountability and responsible behavior of companies, thus creating positive change.
- A company that embraces diversity, because life would be boring if we were all the same!
Please note that we will only consider candidates with a valid work permit.