Abbott Established Pharmaceuticals (EPD) is looking for an
Project Manager - Strategy Projects
for its global Pharma Division Headquarter based in Allschwil- Basel.
Primary Job Function
Integrated into the Strategic Management Office (SMO) of Abbott’s Established Pharmaceuticals Division (EPD) in Basel, Switzerland, the Project Manager will take the lead to manage, coordinate and deliver projects together with the responsibility of managing communication for both the Division Senior Leadership and Corporate teams.
- Design, Problem Solve and Stakeholder Buy-in for business-critical projects
- Design framework for key issues impacting EPD performance
- Idea generation involving key internal and external stakeholders
- Alignment across key stakeholder groups on solution framework and design
- Build case for prioritization of the initiative aligned to business goals, strengths and capabilities of EPD
- Execution of initiatives with key stakeholders (Direct reports to EPD Senior Leadership team)
- Lead cross functional stakeholders to execute the designed solution
- Identify key project KPIs and align with key stakeholders
- Update the KPIs regularly and push stakeholders to meet goals
- Prepare updates for senior leadership meetings
- Responsible for debottlenecking any issues for the initiative
- Identify and blueprint key best practices
- Rollout pilots in the regions and handover to local affiliate/regional/functional teams
This will include coordinating and preparing analysis, problem solving and managing business reviews, executive meetings, strategy documents and consolidated dashboards on strategic initiatives. The selected candidate will be responsible for planning and preparing for internal reviews, executive meetings and maintaining KPI visualization. The role will provide oversight and regular progress updates on strategic projects and programs, and ensure alignment between all stakeholders for business-critical issues inside and outside EPD.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Generating ideas which address issues and tackle underlying causes of problems to create strategies and a vision for the future
- Focusing the team/organization on adding value to the customers/clients and taking action to build customer/client value
- Understanding the requirements from senior management on their periodic, regular and ad-hoc project needs
- Creating workflows, templates and timelines for wider organization, and driving the process of data collection from regions and functions
- Storyboarding, synthesizing the received data, and generating actionable insights to enable decision making
- Working with key stakeholders across multiple geographies to create high quality outputs under demanding timelines
- International travel requirements: ~20% of the time
- Graduate degree in Science, Economics, Engineering, or Business
- Post-graduate in business education (MBA) a plus
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- 5-7 years of total experience required
- Experience with top tier strategy consulting firm (2-3 years) like McKinsey, BCG or others strongly preffered
- Experience in handling large and complex data analysis and project management tools
- Prior experience in pharma and emerging markets will be highly preferable
Skills and Competencies Required
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to synthesize data and draft story boards
- Background or experience working in a corporate reporting role preferred
- Expertise in working with and analyzing various Pharmaceutical databases preferred, e.g., IMS
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- In-depth knowledge of PowerPoint
- Ability to handle pressure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to handle complex and diverse business situations
- Strong project management skills to ensure smooth execution
Overall we are looking for a strong, dynamic and outgoing personality that is capable in leading internal and external partners in all kind of cultures and countries and has talent to self-develop in the future.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes?
Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your online application as pdf.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
EPD Established Pharma
Switzerland > Basel : H-127 A1
Yes, 25 % of the Time